Hands On Museum - Johnson City, TN
Posted by: vhasler
N 36° 19.049 W 082° 21.004
17S E 378807 N 4020008
Quick Description: Hands On! Regional Museum features over 20 permanent, interactive exhibits for all ages. Discover the excitement!
Location: Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 12/19/2008 3:09:10 AM
Waymark Code: WM5CQ6
Very nice children's museum in downtown Johnson City. They have the permanent exhibits plus one or two feature demonstrations that change. Here (http://www.handsonmuseum.org/parents/exhibits.html) is the listing of the exhibits.
Cost is Adults & Children (age 3+) $8.00. Under 2, free.
Website: [Web Link]
315 East Main Street
Johnson City, TN USA
Phone #: (423) 434-HAND (4263)
Take Interstate 26 to Johnson City. Exit at exit #23 (Market Street). Hands On! is located one block west between Main and Market Streets with on-street and public parking located nearby.
Hours of Operation:
Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm - (June, July, & August only)
Closed on Mondays September - May
Tuesday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please allow 1 1/2 to 2 hours to fully enjoy and explore all of our exhibits and activities.
Focus of Museum: natural history
Parking Coordinates: Not Listed
1. A picture of you, your family OR your GPS at either an interesting location inside the Museum or with the name or logo showing from the outside of the Museum.
2. Please answer the following questions in your log as best you can:
- What sections of the Museum did you visit?
- What was your experience like?
- Did you participate in any programs?
- What was your favourite part of the Museum?
- Are there any amenities you can share?
- Overall, how was your visit?