Moon Brothers Carriage Company - St. Louis, Missouri - 1889
Posted by: BruceS
N 38° 38.081 W 090° 12.183
15S E 743454 N 4279949
Quick Description: Historic carriage and buggy manufacturing building located on the northwest edge St. Louis downtown area.
Location: Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 12/2/2008 12:59:37 PM
Waymark Code: WM59QP
This five story red brick building was constructed initially in 1887 and expanded to the west in 1894. The building was built for the Moon Brothers Carriage Company, a wholesale manufacturer of animal drawn carriages and buggies. The Moon Brothers had gained a national reputation by 1895 and had become the largest concern of its kind in St. Louis. The business moved in 1902 to a new larger facility to the west to accommodate there expanding business. The building has now been converted to apartments.
The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The ad mentions the building being at the southwest corner of 17th and Morgan Streets. Morgan Street is now Delmar Street.