Bealbury Methodist Church - Bealbury, Cornwall, UK
N 50° 28.661 W 004° 17.568
30U E 408271 N 5592542
Quick Description: A well kept Methodist Church near the hamlet of Bealbury. The nearest house is about a 1/4 mile away.
Location: United Kingdom
Date Posted: 10/7/2008 11:10:11 AM
Waymark Code: WM4WX5
For over a 135 years this well kept rural church remains a thriving community.
The land for the chapel was conveyed to the church in 1871 and by 1872 the building was open for worship.The land belonged to a Miss Jennifer Hodge of Bealbury who generously gave the site and subscribed towards its erection.The Rev. Joseph Mole, Superintendent Minister,took a very active part with Mr. J Venning of Callington in collecting subscriptions towards the new chapel which cost over £300. The stone-laying service was held in May 1872 when the Rev. J. Jenkin of Plymouth preached the sermon. £100 had been raised up until that time and the Chapel was completed and opened for worship in November 1872.
May 1961 saw the erection of a new spacious Hall with kitchen, cloakroom and toilets. This new building was named after the Rev. Robert Gard who worked tirelessly with the members of Bealbury Chapel to achieve this remarkable enterprise. Centenary Celebrations took place on April 29th & 30th 1972.
Active church?: Yes
Year Built: 1872
Service times: Not listed
Website: Not listed
At least one photo. You're welcome to be in the picture, but please, No GPSr.