Catawba Science Center - Hickory, North Carolina
Posted by: macleod1
N 35° 44.211 W 081° 20.085
17S E 469729 N 3954813
Quick Description: This hands on children's center is located off 2nd.Avenue NE and 5th Avenue Place in Hickory.
Location: North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 9/23/2008 8:09:50 AM
Waymark Code: WM4RA9
Catawba Science Center - a hands-on museum offering excitement and learning for all ages.
This center is a permanent exhibit that has areas to explore the Physical, Natural and Earth Sciences, while interesting traveling exhibits rotate throughout the year.
Freshwater and saltwater aquarium – featuring North Carolina’s only marine touch pool with LIVE sharks and stingrays -- offer exciting hands-on learning experiences.
The Millholland Planetarium features digital presentations, astronomy talks and laser shows in a surround sound format. Located on the SALT Block in Hickory, CSC also provides a variety of educational and fun programming for school groups, children, families, adults, homeschoolers, preschoolers, scouts and other community groups.
Website: [Web Link]
243 3rd Ave NE
Hickory, NC USA
Phone #: (828) 322-8169
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Friday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Exhibits closed to the public on Mondays
Offices staffed Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Focus of Museum: To explore the Physical, Natural and Earth Sciences.
Directions: Not listed
Parking Coordinates: Not Listed
1. A picture of you, your family OR your GPS at either an interesting location inside the Museum or with the name or logo showing from the outside of the Museum.
2. Please answer the following questions in your log as best you can:
- What sections of the Museum did you visit?
- What was your experience like?
- Did you participate in any programs?
- What was your favourite part of the Museum?
- Are there any amenities you can share?
- Overall, how was your visit?