"In 1911, following the Decree number 8,650, of April 4, signed by the President of the Republic, Marshal Hermes da Fonseca, and by the Minister of Navy Affairs, Rear Admiral Joaquim Marques de Leão, the "Curso Superior de Marinha" (Superior Course of the Navy) was created, within the structure of the Naval Academy, which was located then at Rua Dom Manuel, nº 15, in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
In 1914, after the transfer of the Naval Academy to Angra dos Reis, a "College for the Teaching of Naval War", denominated "Naval Academy of War", was created, following Decree number 10,787, of February 25, signed by President Hermes da Fonseca and by Admiral Alexandrino Faria de Alencar, whose headquarters remained at the same address, at Rua Dom Manoel, until 1933.
The College was inaugurated on June 11, 1914, and its first Director was Rear Admiral Antonio Coutinho Gomes Pereira. The first Regulation of the Naval Academy of War was approved by Decree number 11,517, of March 10, 1915.
Afterwards, according to Decree number 19,536, of December 27, 1930, signed by President Getúlio Vargas and by Admiral Conrado Heck, the Naval Academy of War had its name altered to "The Brazilian Naval War College"(EGN). EGN headquarters were situated at Rua Dom Manoel until 1933, when its facilities were transferred to Building 17A of the Navy Arsenal of Rio de Janeiro (AMRJ), where it remained until June 11, 1935.
On that date, EGN headquarters went to sixth floor of the "Almirante Tamandaré" Building, the same building where the former Navy Ministry had its headquarters, near the "Cais da Bandeira". EGN remained there for more than 35 years, until April 8, 1970 when its activities came to an end. Finally, on April 30, 1970, EGN was transferred to its present address. Its facilities were inaugurated by the President of the Republic, General Emílio Garrastazu Medici, who was joined by the Navy Minister, Admiral Adalberto de Barros Nunes." (visit link