CN Caboose #76602 - The Forks - Winnipeg MB
N 49° 53.252 W 097° 07.917
14U E 634185 N 5527799
Quick Description: This fully restored historic caboose is located just outside The Forks Market at The Forks in downtown Winnipeg..
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Date Posted: 12/8/2007 7:35:56 PM
Waymark Code: WM2QNJ
Built in the 1930's at Point St. Charles Shops, Montreal, Quebec, this caboose was used across Canada until it was retired from service at Winnipeg's Transcona Shops in 1988. It was donated to The Forks by Canadian National Railways September 15, 1992 and dedicated to the thousands of CN train crews who travelled on the CN Main Line through Winnipeg and the "East Yard" that is now The Forks.
The volunteer corps of Forks Ambassadors are based out of this caboose during the high season (May long weekend to Thanksgiving). They provide free meet and greet services to tour operators and groups.
Type Of Caboose: Cupola, "Standard"
Please visit the location of the caboose, brake van, or guard van, provide visit details through photo or narrative.