Blue Plaque: Hinds House
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member 50sumtin
N 36° 58.418 W 122° 01.860
10S E 586248 N 4092386
Quick Description: The Hinds House in Santa Cruz
Location: California, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2007 1:59:58 PM
Waymark Code: WM2M7M
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member deano1943
Views: 31

Long Description:
The Hinds House was built in 1888 and 1889 by Colonel Alfred J. Hinds and his wife Sarah. Hinds was a shopkeeper in downtown Santa Cruz and later became a real estate developer. He hired the architect John H. Williams to design his grand Stick Eastlake Victorian home. Williams was a well known Santa Cruz architect who designed over 60 local buildings between 1876 and 1892 including the Branciforte School building which is still in use today.

Blue Plaque managing agency: Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History

Individual Recognized: Not listed

Physical Address: Not listed

Web Address: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log an entry for a "Blue Plaque," please try to include a picture of you next to the plaque!
Search for... Google Map
Google Maps
Bing Maps Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Blue Plaques
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
saopaulo1 visited Blue Plaque: Hinds House 1/8/2009 saopaulo1 visited it
hotshoe visited Blue Plaque: Hinds House 10/28/2008 hotshoe visited it

View all visits/logs