Duplin County Courthouse - Kenansville, North Carolina
Posted by: BruceS
N 34° 57.753 W 077° 57.742
18S E 229514 N 3872899
Quick Description: Historic county courthouse located in Kenansville, North Carolina.
Location: North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 11/13/2007 5:28:09 AM
Waymark Code: WM2JWD
Duplin county was formed in 1750 from New Hanover county. It was named in honor of Thomas Hay, Lord Duplin, an English nobleman. From 1755 to 1780 the county seat was called Duplin Court House but no location was specified. In 1816, Kenansville was laid out and became the county seat and a courthouse was built. The current courthouse was constructed in 1911. The light colored brick building is in a Federal style. The courthouse is a contributing building in the Kenansville Historic District.
Year Built: 1911
Current Use of Building: County Courthouse
Level of Courts: County
Dates this building was used to house judicial proceedings: 1911-present
112 Duplin St
Kenansville, North Carolina
8 am - 5 pm
Related Website: [Web Link]
Architect: Not listed
At least one original photograph should be added to the gallery. And please describe your impressions and visit to the courthouse.