Desert Oasis, WB I-40
Posted by: cer
N 34° 48.109 W 116° 31.334
11S E 543702 N 3851169
Quick Description: Located 9 miles east of Newberry
Location: California, United States
Date Posted: 12/30/2006 4:36:45 PM
Waymark Code: WM1327
Or 4 miles west from Pisgah (Hector Road and I-40).
- Separate lots for autos and trucks/trailers/RVs. Not by much, just a concrete divider.
- No facilities for RVs (besides the parking)
- Sheltered picnic tables
- Pet area
- The required rest rooms
- Information kiosk with information on the local area, desert, and the wildlife
- Desert area, beware of rattlesnakes! (There is signage warning of this danger)
- A Blue Star Memorial Highway
- The Caltran's site claims water but all fountains were taped up as my visit of 24-Dec-2006. There were also signs warning of non-potable water over the rest room sinks.
web page for this rest stop.
Highway Number: I-40
Highway Access Direction: West
Rest Area Name: Desert Oasis Safety Rest Area
Common Name for the Highway: Not listed
Facilities: Not listed
Services: Not listed
Special Features: Not listed
Since the cleanliness of a facility can change over time, log entries can include your impression of the cleanliness of the facility.
Log entries can also include additional pictures of the facility and/or associated special features (e.g., vistas or historical markers) and facilities or services not mentioned in the original description.
The same prohibitions from new entries apply to log entries.