By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Schloss Boitzenburg - Boitzenburg, Brandenburg, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member matefreund
N 53° 15.648 E 013° 36.148
33U E 406779 N 5902194
Quick Description: Eine eines der größten Schlösser der Uckermark. One of the largest castles in the Uckermark.
Location: Brandenburg, Germany
Date Posted: 7/11/2019 10:37:21 AM
Waymark Code: WM10YD0
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 0

Long Description:
Das Schloss Boitzenburg wurde 1276 erstmals urkundlich erwähnt. Ritter Dietrich von Kerkow war der erste bekannte Lehnsträger. Nach mehrmaligen Besitzerwechseln gelang das Schloss 1429 in den Besitz der Familie von Arnim.

In den Jahren 1537/38 ließ Hans VIII von Arnim das Oberhaus des Schlosses im Renaissancestil erbauen. Ab 1590 errichtete Bernd IV von Arnim das sogenannte Unterhaus als Neubau, ebenfalls im Renaissancestil. Mitte des 18. Jahrhunderts wurde das Unterhaus von Georg Dietloff von Armin zur barocken Dreiflügelanlage umgebaut. Das Unterhaus wurde in den folgenden Jahrhunderten noch mehrfach umgestaltet. Zuerst im neogotischen Stil, dann im Stil der Neorenaissance.

Während des Zweiten Weltkriegs war im Schloss eine Zweigstelle der Japanischen Botschaft untergebracht. Im Jahr 1945 wurde die Familie von Arnim enteignet und floh. Das Schloss diente in Folge als Genesungsheim für Typhuskranke, als Lazarett des Roten Kreuzes, als erste Wohnstätte für Umsiedler, als Kaserne der Volkspolizei, als Erholungsheim der Nationalen Volksarmee und schließlich als Schlosshotel für Kinder und Jugendliche.

ENGLISH:

The castle Boitzenburg was first mentioned in documents in 1276. Knight Dietrich von Kerkow was the first known lord of the fief. After several changes of ownership, the castle was in the possession of the family von Arnim in 1429.

In the years 1537/38 Hans VIII von Arnim built the upper house of the castle in the Renaissance style. From 1590 Bernd IV von Arnim built the so-called lower house as a new building, also in the Renaissance style. In the middle of the 18th century, the lower house was rebuilt by Georg Dietloff von Armin into a baroque three-wing complex. The lower house was redesigned several times in the following centuries. First in Neo-Gothic style, then in Neo-Renaissance style.

During the Second World War, a branch of the Japanese Embassy was housed in the castle. In 1945, Arnim's family was expropriated and fled. The castle subsequently served as a convalescent home for typhus patients, as a hospital of the Red Cross, as a first home for resettlers, as barracks of the Volkspolizei, as a rest home of the National Volksarmee and finally as a castle hotel for children and adolescents.

Quelle/Source:
* (visit link)
* (visit link)
Accessibility: Partial access

Condition: Intact

Admission Charge?: no

Website: [Web Link]

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Castles
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.