Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
Original Site of Pleasant Hill Methodist Church - Caldwell, AL
in Alabama Historical Markers
Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church was established in the early 1850s.
posted by: hummerstation
date approved: 7/18/2016
last visited: never
Montgomery County Circuit Court - Montgomery, AL
Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue and South Perry Street and describes this location as the site of major civil right cases heard in the county courthouse.
posted by: hoteltwo
Sit-Ins and Marches at the Montgomery County Courthouse - Montgomery, AL
In the 1960's local African-American college students staged a sit-in a local grill and the marker notes the specifics. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue and South Perry Street.
The Montgomery City Federation of Women’s Clubs - Montgomery, AL
Located at 409 Union Street near Scott St., the marker describes the various African-American Women's clubs established to further their opportunities in the community.
The Jackson-Community House - Montgomery, AL
Located on South Union St. at Scott St., the marker notes the building of and later use to serve the diverse needs of Montgomery’s segregated black population.
Welton Blanton Doby High School - Wetumpka, AL
Located on Micanopy Street just west of Main Street, the marker notes the history of the school and construction for African-Americans until closing under desegregation.
First National Bank/St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce
in Florida Historical Markers
Located at 1200 New York Ave.
posted by: Markerman62
date approved: 7/17/2016
last visited: 7/13/2016
Sugar Belt Railway/VFW Post
Located at 915 New York Ave.
Tennessee Volunteers and Militia Camp
Located at 6264 Winding Lake Dr.
The Twin Motel and Tourism
Located in US 41 at 18th St.
last visited: 7/12/2016
Battle of Okeechobee
Located in the Okeechobee Battlefield State Park at 3500 SE 38th Ave. Note: Plaque at one time was located nearby along US 441.
date approved: 7/16/2016
U.S. Jupiter Life Saving Station
Located in Carlin Park in front of the Lazy Loggerhead Cafe.
United States Life Saving Station Jupiter Inlet 1885-1899
Jupiter Inlet Shipwrecks 1600-1700s
Located in Jupiter Beach Park at the northernmost parking area.
Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church & Cemetery
Located at 6823 Church St
L.M. Davis Elementary School
Located at 18301 Limestone Creek Road in front of Limestone Creek Park.
Del-Ida Park Historic District
Located at N. Swinton Ave and NE 5th St.
Old School Square Historic District
Located at N. Swinton Ave and Lake Ida Rd.
Historic Banyan Trees
Located on MacArthur Blvd just north of Northlake Blvd.
Old Dade County Court House
Located on US 1 just north of PGA Blvd.
“Dive Into History” (Ano-1659)
Located in Lighthouse Park near Jupiter Inlet.
date approved: 7/15/2016
Peter and Louisiana Chandler Raulerson Gravesite
Located off NE 39th Blvd in Okeechobee Cemetery.
date approved: 7/14/2016
Archibold Biological Station at Red Hill
Located on Main Dr just north of Venus.
Located at 1260 12th St. in Pioneer Park. Note: The house was moved again to this location after the move mentioned on the marker.
Mary Wyatt Whitaker
Located at 1232 12th St. This marker used to be located along US 41 but was moved because of redevelopment.
Copyright (c) 2017 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.