Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
2. Provide accurate coordinates.
3. Two Photos: You must upload a photo of the marker itself to the waymark page using either the default photo option or HTML. A second photo of the area must be added to the gallery.
4. Additional photos on the waymark page itself are encouraged but not required. If you do not know how to place a photo on the page using HTML, and would like to dress up your waymark submission, members of the Oregon, My Oregon team will be glad to help you with the process.
5. Provide the text of the marker in the long description. If the marker is made up of several paragraphs or sections include the first two paragraphs or request permission to summarize the marker text when submitting the waymark. An example of how your waymark should look when completed can be found here and here.
6. Do a web search and link to additional information, if it is available, using the optional field provided.
7. All "official" state of Oregon historic markers (Beaver Boards) have their own web page which can be found by visiting Oregon.com. Please provide the link for the specific marker you are submitting as the URL for this field.
If there is a separate marker/sign nearby it deserves a separate waymark. Signs that have different information on either side of the same sign board or are part of a kiosk display are considered to be the same waymark.
Please upload a favorite photograph you took of the waymark. Although visiting this waymark in person is the only thing required of you to receive credit for your visit, taking the time to add this information is greatly appreciated.
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
River Road, Cottage Grove, OR
in Oregon Historical Markers
Historical sign near downtown Cottage Grove gives information on the history of this particular road.
posted by: The 2 Newlyweds
date approved: 4/3/2015
last visited: never
WW2 US Army training facility.
date approved: 3/16/2015
This geology sign is located in Beverly Beach State Park.
posted by: Volcanoguy
date approved: 3/3/2015
last visited: 2/23/2015
This Tsunamis information sign is like many others on the Oregon Coast, some of which are listed on the official state website for Oregon Historical Markers, but this one is not listed.
Early Photographers Helped Preserve Islands for Wildlife
A history about helping preserve nesting sites on islands.
last visited: 2/20/2015
last visited: 2/21/2015
Cape Lookout Plane Crash
A history plaque about plane crash on Cape Lookout.
A history sign about early beach access in Lincoln City.
last visited: 2/22/2015
An expanse of land and sea
A history sign about Yaquina Head.
Building the coast highway
Getting a rise out of Yaquina Head
A geologic history sign about Yaquina Head.
Chitwood Bridge - Lincoln County, Oregon
A history sign about the Chitwood Covered Bridge.
date approved: 2/27/2015
last visited: 2/24/2015
Wiley Griffon - Eugene Masonic Cemetery - Eugene, OR
This citizen memorial resides in Eugene Masonic Cemetery, the oldest cemetery in Eugene.
posted by: thebeav69
date approved: 2/4/2015
Bend Fire Ladder Truck #1
A history sign about Bend’s first fire ladder truck.
date approved: 1/7/2015
last visited: 11/22/2014
Where Does The Water Go?
A geologic history sign about Sparks Lake.
date approved: 1/6/2015
last visited: 11/8/2014
A geologic history sign about the lavas from Mt. Bachelor.
Gin Lin Trail - Jackson County, Oregon
Marker describing the historic mining operation in this area
posted by: ddtfamily
date approved: 12/26/2014
McKee Bridge - Jackson County, Oregon
Marker providing historic information about the McKee Covered Bridge
Lava Butte Lava Flow
A geologic history sign about the Lava Butte lava flow.
date approved: 12/21/2014
last visited: 5/13/2014
Northwest Rift Zone
A geologic history sign about the Northwest Rift Zone.
A geologic history sign about Newberry Volcano.
Tools of the Trade
A history sign about fire detection equipment.
Lava Butte Lookout
A history sign about the lookout on Lava Butte.
Lava Butte Formation
A geologic history sign about the formation of Lava Butte.
A geologic history sign about the geology of the Cascade Range.
Copyright (c) 2015 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.