Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Ontario Heritage Properties
 allows ratings
Description:
Ontario maintains the Ontario Heritage Properties database which provides a great resource for locating buildings and structures of heritage value all across Ontario. The objectives of this category are to waymark properties listed in this database and comment on the site, its history and any changes you observed from the published description.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying Ontario Heritage Properties

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 429 Page: 5 of 18 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Cumberland Township Heritage Museum - Cumberland, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesCumberland Township Heritage Museum - Cumberland, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The Cumberland Township Heritage Museum, a living history museum depicting life in the Cumberland Township and surrounding communities during the years 1845-1945, is located on Old Montreal Road, in Cumberland.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/7/2013

last visited: 5/9/2013

Image for Cameron House (Clendenan House) - Cumberland, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesCameron House (Clendenan House) - Cumberland, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Cameron House (Clendenan House), erected prior to 1851, is located on Old Montreal Road, in Cumberland, Ontario.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/7/2013

last visited: never

Image for "Clearview" - Ferguson House - Cumberland, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage Properties"Clearview" - Ferguson House - Cumberland, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

"Clearview" - Ferguson House, built in the early 1880s by William Wilson Dunning, is located on Old Montreal Road, in Cumberland, Ontario.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/6/2013

last visited: never

Image for Old Wilson House - Cumberland, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesOld Wilson House - Cumberland, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The Old Wilson House, erected prior to 1861, is located on Old Montreal Road, in Cumberland.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/6/2013

last visited: never

Image for George Mirick House - Merrickville, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesGeorge Mirick House - Merrickville, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The George Mirick House, also known as the "Tyndall House", was built in 1855. It is located on Lewis Street West, in Merrickville.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/5/2013

last visited: 4/13/2014

Image for Brigadoon Restaurant - Oxford Mills, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesBrigadoon Restaurant - Oxford Mills, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The building, now occupied by the Brigadoon Restaurant, was constructed as a general store, post office and living quarters circa 1861 by Richey Waugh. It is located on Bridge Street, in Oxford Mills.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/1/2013

last visited: never

Image for Merrick Hotel - Merrickville, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesMerrick Hotel - Merrickville, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The Merrick Hotel, also known as the "Sam Jakes Inn", was built in 1861 by Sam Jakes, a well known merchant. Located on Main Street East, in Merrickville, it has recently been converted to an international boarding school.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 5/1/2013

last visited: 5/1/2013

Image for Matheson House Museum/Archibald Campbell House - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesMatheson House Museum/Archibald Campbell House - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

This elegant neo-classical building, built in 1840 for the Hon. Roderick Matheson, is located on Gore Street, in Perth. It is a very good example of the Scottish merchant’s home of the 1840’s.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/10/2013

last visited: 3/21/2014

Image for Tay Canal Bridge - stone arch, double span - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesTay Canal Bridge - stone arch, double span - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

This stone arch, double span bridge, built in 1901, spans the Tay Canal in Perth, Ontario.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/10/2013

last visited: 3/21/2014

Image for Perth Bandstand - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesPerth Bandstand - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The Perth Band Stand, erected in the 1930's, is located behind the Town Hall. It sits in an area that used to be a farmer’s market, where, until the 1930s, produce and live animals were purchased.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/6/2013

last visited: 3/21/2014

Image for Lanark County Court House  - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesLanark County Court House - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Seat of Justice for the District of Bathurst and later Lanark County. Justice has been dispensed from this site since 1820. The County Gaol, now closed, but formerly used for executions, is on Beckwith Street, behind the Court House.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/6/2013

last visited: 3/21/2014

Image for Perth Town Hall - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesPerth Town Hall - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Perth Town Hall, erected in 1863 from locally quarried Potsdam sandstone, is located on Gore Street E., in Perth, Ontario. The clock was installed in the tower in 1874.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/5/2013

last visited: 3/7/2015

Image for Carnegie Library - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesCarnegie Library - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

"Erected in 1907, the Carnegie Library was designed after the Bank of Montreal, in Toronto. In January 1980 the building was gutted by fire and in 1982, it was restored by Gordon McMillan. It is now known as the McMillan Building."

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/5/2013

last visited: 3/7/2015

Image for Inge-Va - Perth, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesInge-Va - Perth, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Inge Va (Tamil for "come here"), erected in 1823 by Rev. Michael Harris, Rector of the Perth Military Settlement, is located on Craig Street, in Perth, Ontario.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/5/2013

last visited: 5/20/2014

Image for Former Carleton Place Post Office - Carleton Place, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesFormer Carleton Place Post Office - Carleton Place, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The former Carleton Place Post Office was designed by Thomas Fuller and built of New Brunswick red sandstone in 1890-1891. It is located on Bridge Street, in Carleton Place.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/5/2013

last visited: never

Image for Former Town Hall - The Victoria School Museum - Carleton Place, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesFormer Town Hall - The Victoria School Museum - Carleton Place, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Constructed as a Town Hall in 1872 for the village of Carleton Place, the building originally contained a council chambers, a lock-up and an upper hall for council meetings.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/5/2013

last visited: never

Image for MacArthur Woolen Mill - Carleton Place, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesMacArthur Woolen Mill - Carleton Place, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The MacArthur Woolen Mill, built in 1871 by Archibald MacArthur to manufacture fine worsteds and tweeds, is located on Mill Street, in Carleton Place.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/4/2013

last visited: never

Image for Carleton Place Town Hall, Carleton Place, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesCarleton Place Town Hall, Carleton Place, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Built of stone between 1895 and 1897 by William Morphy, the Carleton Place Town Hall is located on Bridge Street, in Carleton Place.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/4/2013

last visited: 8/9/2013

Image for Birkett House - Ottawa, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesBirkett House - Ottawa, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Thomas Birkett, mayor of Ottawa in 1891, built the Baronial Gothic style Birkett Castle in 1896. Birkett's residence, now the Embassy of Hungary, is located on Metcalfe Street, in Ottawa.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/4/2013

last visited: 12/2/2013

Image for Pinhey Estate - Ottawa (Kanata), Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesPinhey Estate - Ottawa (Kanata), Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Pinhey Estate was built by Hamnett Kirkes Pinhey on a 1000 acre land grant that he received from the Crown for his services as King's messenger during the Napoleonic Wars.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/3/2013

last visited: 5/23/2014

Image for Former Arnprior Post Office - Arnprior, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesFormer Arnprior Post Office - Arnprior, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The former Arnprior post office, now the Arnprior & District Museum, was built in 1896, based on a design by Thomas Fuller. It is located at the corner of Madawaska and John Streets, in Arnprior.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/3/2013

last visited: 5/19/2015

Image for The Olde Forge - Ottawa, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesThe Olde Forge - Ottawa, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The Olde Forge, constructed circa 1830 as a single story log house, is located on Carling Avenue, in Ottawa.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/2/2013

last visited: 5/23/2014

Image for Leahurst House (1840-1845) - Kemptville, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesLeahurst House (1840-1845) - Kemptville, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

The oldest building on the Kemptville College of Agricultural Technology campus, Leahurst began as a farmhouse belonging to the McCargar's, a Wesleyan Methodist family.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 3/2/2013

last visited: 10/1/2014

Image for Bureau d’enregistrement de terrains du compté de Prescott - Prescott County Registry Office - L'Orignal, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesBureau d’enregistrement de terrains du compté de Prescott - Prescott County Registry Office - L'Orignal, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

Le bureau d’enregistrement de terrains du compté de Prescott, construit en 1874, est situé sur la rue Court à L'Orignal. The Prescott County Registry Office, built in 1874, is located on Court Street, in L'Orignal.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 2/19/2013

last visited: 5/23/2015

Image for La cour du district d'Ottawa et la prison - Ottawa District Court House & Jail - L'Orignal, Ontarioview gallery
Log it!

Ontario Heritage PropertiesLa cour du district d'Ottawa et la prison - Ottawa District Court House & Jail - L'Orignal, Ontario

in Ontario Heritage Properties

La cour du district d'Ottawa et la prison, érigés en 1825, sont situés sur la rue Queen, à L'Orignal. The Ottawa District Court House and Jail, built in 1825, are located on Queen Street, in L'Orignal.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Weathervane

location: Ontario, Canada

date approved: 2/19/2013

last visited: 2/18/2015

Total Records: 429 Page: 5 of 18 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)