Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
in Virginia Historical Markers
This Historic Marker is located on Route 501 in Gladys, Virginia
posted by: Sneakin Deacon
date approved: 11/24/2012
last visited: never
Drury S. Godsey
Historical marker about a former Scott County resident, who was a Confederate veteran and local postmaster.
posted by: vhasler
last visited: 3/15/2014
Herring Creek & Kimages
This historical marker was placed by Charles City County along Virginia Route 5, near the site of Berkeley Plantation and Westover.
posted by: xptwo
date approved: 10/17/2012
last visited: 4/21/2016
This marker tells the history of Westover, located about 2 miles away. The Colonial-era house and grounds are an example of the high level of architecture and building from that time.
Lamb's Creek Church
Virginia Historical Highway Marker J-62.
posted by: garmin_geek
date approved: 8/26/2012
last visited: 4/25/2003
Goochland County & Henrico Counties
This two sided marker is located right off of route 250.
posted by: bluesnote
date approved: 8/14/2012
last visited: 8/14/2012
This Virginia Historical Marker is located right off of Old Buckingham Rd.
date approved: 8/7/2012
last visited: 8/7/2012
Battle of Kelly's Ford
Virginia Historical Highway Marker J-36.
Berkeley Plantation or Harrison's Landing
This marker notes that Berkeley Plantation was the birthplace of a signer of the Declaration of Independence and also a president of the United States.
President Tyler's Home
Sherwood Forest Plantation was the home of President John Tyler from its purchase in 1842 until his death in 1862.
last visited: 3/22/2015
Sturgeon Point & Kennons
This historical marker was placed by Charles City County along Virginia Route 5, near the site of Sturgeon Point and Kennon's Landing.
Sherwood Forest Plantation was the home of President John Tyler from its purchase in 1842 until his death in 1862. It is still owned by the Tyler family.
Historical marker telling the story of Kennon's Landing, located south of the marker on a site on the James River. The history of Kennon's Landing goes back to the 1700s when shipping by river was the most efficient and effective means of transport.
date approved: 7/28/2012
Fort Pocahontas was an earthen fort built and initially manned primarily by Union Colored forces near the marker site. They withstood a Confederate attack and were able to keep the fort open to protect Union river traffic.
The Depot at Beaver Dam
This small train station in Beaver Dam played a significant part in the Civil War.
posted by: teeoff2
date approved: 7/17/2012
last visited: 12/31/2014
Honors the men and women who formed the first rural branch of the NAACP.
posted by: johnaugus
date approved: 7/8/2012
last visited: 12/15/2013
Old Bennett School
Old Bennett School - Virginia Historical Marker
posted by: Rivers End
date approved: 4/18/2012
Loudoun Heights Clash
A sign telling about a Civil Clash that took place near here.
posted by: Paintedwarrior
date approved: 4/17/2012
last visited: 5/29/2015
Little Fork Church
Early history of a nearby church.
date approved: 3/17/2012
General Edward Stevens
US Revolutionary War hero buried here...
Historical residence from 19th century.
Madison County / Culpeper County
County line marker teaches us that Culpeper County was formed from Orange County, and then Madison County from part of Culpeper County.
last visited: 9/15/2012
Hebron Lutheran Church
Oldest Lutheran church in America still in continuous use is nearby on a country road.
Jackson’s March to Fredericksburg
Encampment location during US Civil War
last visited: 9/1/2012
James L. Kemper Residence
Former post-Civil War governor's house is now the county administration center.
Copyright (c) 2016 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.