Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
Second Prince William County Courthouse
in Virginia Historical Markers
In 1745 the second Prince William County Courthouse was built near here along Cedar Run.
posted by: debfrost08
date approved: 1/11/2014
last visited: never
First County Seat
Grayson County Courthouse was located here before being moved to Independence in 1850.
posted by: FRESH AIR53
date approved: 10/20/2013
The Stamp Act was a tax imposed by the British on the colonies, requiring printed materials be produced on stamped paper produced in London. The sign is about the protests of this tax.
posted by: nomadwillie
date approved: 10/18/2013
last visited: 4/2/2001
A sign telling us how Manassas got its name and some of the Civil War battles near there.
posted by: Paintedwarrior
last visited: 2/27/2012
This 1927 marker tells of the home of Governor Sir William Berkeley, which was located near Jamestown and which is now an archeological site owned by the National Park Service.
posted by: xptwo
date approved: 9/9/2013
last visited: 4/14/2004
This 1950 marker commemorates a Revolutionary War battle and is one of three markers outside an outlet store on Richmond Road north of Williamsburg, Virginia.
This 1998 marker is one of three markers outside an outlet store on Richmond Road north of Williamsburg, Virginia. All relate to activities around 1781.
A Virginia Department of Historic Resources roadside marker along Highway US 23 near the Virginia and Kentucky borders in Pound Gap.
posted by: Manville Possum
Wise County / Dickenson County
A Virginia Historical Marker at the Wise and Dickenson County line.
date approved: 9/2/2013
A Virginia Historical Roadside Marker in Clintwood, Virginia.
date approved: 8/12/2013
Francis Gary Powers ~ U2 Pilot
A Virginia Department of Historical Resources roadside marker honoring Francis Gary Powers who was raised here in Pound and graduated from Grundy High School.
date approved: 7/29/2013
Virginia Patrick County / North Carolina
Z232 - Virginia Patrick County / North Carolina on Hwy 8 at the Va./NC border
posted by: fatcat161
date approved: 5/15/2013
Lafayette At Petersburg
Erected 1927 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number 26-S.)
posted by: turnersrugs
date approved: 4/11/2013
Warwick Hotel 1883-1961
Erected 1986 by Newport News Historical Committee.
date approved: 3/31/2013
The Victory Arch
Erected 1967 by Newport News Historical Committee.
Erected 1984 by Bethel Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Langley Field: Creating an Air Force
Erected 2005 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number WY 96.)
last visited: 12/27/2013
Langley Field: Discovering Aerospace
Erected 2005 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number WY 97.)
St. John's Church
Erected 1961 by Virginia State Library. (Marker Number KO 1.)
Civil War Cavalry Skirmish
Erected 1998 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number UT 28.)
John Mitchell’s Map
Erected 2007 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number OC 42.)
Charles Fenton Mercer
Erected 2006 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number T-24.)
date approved: 3/29/2013
Erected 1948 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number J-85.)
Erected 1997 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number W 99.)
Copyright (c) 2016 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.