Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
Felix Hull House
in Virginia Historical Markers
The Felix Hull House is located at the intersection of Route 250 and Route 645 in Highland County, Virginia
posted by: Sneakin Deacon
date approved: 11/22/2006
last visited: 3/20/2010
Battle of McDowell
This historic marker stand near the site of the battle, which looks almost precisely as it did at the time of the Civil War.
last visited: never
Fort George on the Bullpasture River
This historic marker stands near the site where Fort George once stood on the banks of the Bullpasture River.
Augusta County / Highland County
An older historical marker located beside U.S. Route 250, near the parking area and overlook of the Confederate Breastworks historic site, on the border of Augusta and Highland Counties, Virginia.
posted by: Cache Sleuth
date approved: 3/31/2010
Fort Edward Johnson
Fort Johnson stood at the top of Shenandoah Mountain and was the site of the Confederate Breast Works.
West Virginia/Highland County/Z233
located on the west virginia/ virginia border on highway 220.
posted by: MNSearchers
date approved: 9/6/2008
Marker found 220 on the WVA/VA border.
Found on Highway 250.
last visited: 5/11/2013
James Edward Hanger
James Edward Hanger invented the first artificial limb.
posted by: VirginiaSeeker
date approved: 9/7/2006
Last Indian Clash
Shawnee Indians killed Johnn Tremble in the last clash in Augusta County.
date approved: 9/6/2006
last visited: 3/5/2009
Colonel George Moffett
George Moffett was a prominent Augusta County military and civic leader.
Mount Pleasant is a venerable stone dwelling exemplifying traditional Shenandoah Valley domestic architecture.
Found on highway 33 on the Virginia/West Virginia border.
last visited: 3/2/2013
Windy Cove Presbyterian Church
The original congregation of the Windy Cove Presbyterian Church was established in 1749.
date approved: 11/8/2009
Mossy Creek was settled in the 1740s and later had an iron works and the Mossy Creek Academy.
date approved: 8/13/2006
last visited: 2/10/2013
The Rev. Dr. William H. Sheppard
This historical marker stands as a tribute to Virginia Native and Presbyterian Missionary William H. Sheppard
date approved: 11/2/2006
last visited: 8/15/2009
Early Bath County Courthouses
The original Bath County Courthouse was located near the site of this historical marker
This historic marker is located on Route 220 near the intersection of Route 39
date approved: 12/13/2006
Origins of Bridgewater College
date approved: 9/4/2006
Dr. William Fleming
Dr. Fleming was a physician, soldier, and once served as Acting Governor of Virginia.
date approved: 10/8/2006
last visited: 7/11/2010
Small Community in Bath County
posted by: gasdude
date approved: 9/2/2009
Augusta County/Rockingham County
Augusta/Rockingham County line.
County Seat of Bath County
The County Seat of Bath County is located in Warm Springs and this historical marker stands on the grounds of the Bath County Courthouse.
Trinity Church was known originally as Augusta Parish Church and was founded in 1746.
last visited: 10/12/2008
Youel-Condon House "Meadow Lawn"
This historic marker stand on Route 39, approximately 4-miles from the Youel-Condon House.
date approved: 2/6/2010
Copyright (c) 2013 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.