Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Photos Then and Now
 allows ratings
Description:
Find a picture taken over 50 years ago, find the spot, and take a current picture at the same spot towards the same location.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying Photos Then and Now

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 2197 Page: 5 of 88 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Behounska ulice - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowBehounska ulice - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

CS: Behounska ulice z Jakubského námestí // EN: Behounska street of Saint James's Square

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for Ulice Koblizna - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowUlice Koblizna - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of street Koblizna

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for Ulice Ceska - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowUlice Ceska - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of street Ceska

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for Hotel Avion - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowHotel Avion - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of hotel Avion

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for Namesti s kostelem - Slapanice, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowNamesti s kostelem - Slapanice, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

CS: Namesti s kostelem // EN: Square with church

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/21/2015

last visited: 10/4/2015

Image for 1950 & 2015 -- Los Ebanos Ferry, Los Ebanos TX - Ciudad Gustavo Diaz Ordaz, Tamps., MXview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and Now1950 & 2015 -- Los Ebanos Ferry, Los Ebanos TX - Ciudad Gustavo Diaz Ordaz, Tamps., MX

in Photos Then and Now

The natural ford over the Rio Grande here has been used for centuries. A hand-pulled ferry began operation in 1950, and is still carrying cars and passengers today (2015)

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Benchmark Blasterz

location: Texas

date approved: 8/20/2015

last visited: 7/18/2015

Image for Point Park Entrance Building - Lookout Mountain, TNview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowPoint Park Entrance Building - Lookout Mountain, TN

in Photos Then and Now

The entrance gate to Point Park under construction. The impressive structure was built by the U.S. Corps of Engineers. The disign is based on the "castle" insignia of the Corps.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: Tennessee

date approved: 8/17/2015

last visited: never

Image for Ulice Metodejova - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowUlice Metodejova - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of street Metodejova

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/17/2015

last visited: never

Image for Semilasso - Brno, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowSemilasso - Brno, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of Semilasso

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/17/2015

last visited: never

Image for City Hall - Polanów, Polskaview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowCity Hall - Polanów, Polska

in Photos Then and Now

Städtische Bank Pollnow

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Klucken

location: Zachodniopomorskie, Poland

date approved: 8/14/2015

last visited: never

Image for F. M. Thompson West End Store - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowF. M. Thompson West End Store - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

A second store operated by the Thompson Family, this building was shared by their grocery with a liquor store for many years. Today it is partially occupied, partially vacant.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/13/2015

last visited: never

Image for Red Trail Motors - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowRed Trail Motors - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

After fire had twice cleaned out the two lots on which this former service station sits, first in 1912, then again in 1919, they remained empty until its construction in 1923.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/13/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lethbridge Brewing and Malting - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowLethbridge Brewing and Malting - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

The place where the miners obtained their 'Bridge Brew, this, in their minds, may be the most valuable historic building in the town. The fact that it was the first commercial building in The Pass built of stone doesn't hurt, though.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Image for Boldt Castle Powerhouseview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowBoldt Castle Powerhouse

in Photos Then and Now

The Power House was built to hold a generator to supply the island with power, and now is more of a museum of how electric power was obtained in the early 1900s.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member garmin_geek

location: New York

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: 8/8/2015

Image for Greenhill Hotel - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowGreenhill Hotel - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Another building by West Canadian Collieries, the hotel was opened in 1922, but was leased and never operated by the company. Like the town of Blairmore, this hotel is a survivor, still open for business today.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: 6/19/2015

Image for St. Luke's Anglican Church - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowSt. Luke's Anglican Church - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Now a "blended" church, St. Luke's, whose sanctuary was built in 1903 as a Royal North West Mounted Police post, is now known as Grace Church, an Anglican and United Church which serves both congregations.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Image for West Canadian Collieries Office - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowWest Canadian Collieries Office - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

West Canadian Collieries was the company which Blairmore has to thank for its existence. It was they who opened their first coal mine near Bellevue in 1903, operating it until the 1960s, yet chose Blairmore as the site for their headquarters.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Image for Union Bank - Blairmore, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowUnion Bank - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

This substantial brick building, not terribly large, two storeys in height, rectangular in plan and having tasteful and somewhat muted decorative touches on the façade is, like many early small town banks, fairly easy to identify as such.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for Crowsnest Pass Polish Hall - Coleman, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowCrowsnest Pass Polish Hall - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Across the railroad tracks south of the main part of Coleman, the Polish Hall was built in 1927 for the then substantial Polish population of the Crowsnest area by the Polish Society of Brotherly Aid.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for Morrison Block - Coleman, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowMorrison Block - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

By 1912, just 9 years after Coleman came into being, they were already rebuilding the downtown area, when this building replaced three older wood buildings. First a theatre screening silent films, it later became a car dealership and gas station.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for Coleman Mercantile Store - Coleman, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowColeman Mercantile Store - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

The first major retail outlet in Coleman, the Mercantile Store was something akin to a turn of the century "Real Crowsnest Superstore", selling everything from groceries to clothes, furniture & appliances - even cattle feed.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Kaple sv. Jana Nepomuckeho - Heroltice, Czech Republicview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowKaple sv. Jana Nepomuckeho - Heroltice, Czech Republic

in Photos Then and Now

Photos Then and Now of WayChapel st. John of Nepomuk

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Olii05

location: Jihomoravsky kraj, Czech Republic

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Italian Hall - Coleman, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowItalian Hall - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

One of the first commercial buildings to be erected in the new town of Coleman, it opened its doors for the first time in 1904 as a hardware store. The next time it opened its doors, in 1912, it was as the home of the Italian Benevolent Society.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Cardston Alberta Temple 1923 - Cardston, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowCardston Alberta Temple 1923 - Cardston, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Built beginning in 1913, this Mormon Temple wasn't completed and consecrated until 1923. Its design is the work of architects Hyrum Pope and Harold Burton of Salt Lake City.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Cardston Alberta Temple - Cardston, ABview gallery
Log it!

Photos Then and NowCardston Alberta Temple - Cardston, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Built beginning in 1913, this Mormon Temple wasn't completed and consecrated until 1923. Its design is the work of architects Hyrum Pope and Harold Burton of Salt Lake City.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Total Records: 2197 Page: 5 of 88 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)