By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 41° 51.551 W 088° 05.573 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Relocated Structures
 allows ratings
Description:
Find a structure that has been moved from one site to another. It can be a building, bridge, arch, or other man-made structure that has been relocated in its lifetime. Collect waypoints for both the CURRENT and ORIGINAL locations of the item. If it has moved multiple times, be sure to note all locations where it has been.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 17 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Image for McCormick Reaper \ Deering artifacts - St. James Farm,Warrenville, ILview gallery

SWSW6.3 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresMcCormick Reaper \ Deering artifacts - St. James Farm,Warrenville, IL

in Relocated Structures

Relocated columns and archway from the entrance to the old William Deering and Company, stone wording from the McCormick Reaper Manufactory, International Harvester Corporation insignia, and tablets from International Harvester Tractor Works.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 7/7/2011

last visited: never

Image for Robert H. McCormick House - Elmhurst, Illinoisview gallery

EE13.2 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresRobert H. McCormick House - Elmhurst, Illinois

in Relocated Structures

One of three Mies van der Rohe designed houses in the United States this house was moved approximately 1/2 mile to become part of the Elmhurst Art Museum.

posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS

location: Illinois

date approved: 4/5/2007

last visited: 7/11/2006

Image for  Fabyan Windmill - Batavia, Illinoisview gallery

WW17.7 km

Log it!

Relocated Structures Fabyan Windmill - Batavia, Illinois

in Relocated Structures

Originally located about 20 miles to the east the Fabyan Windmill was relocated to its present location in 1914.

posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS

location: Illinois

date approved: 10/22/2006

last visited: 7/9/2017

Image for Depot Museum - Batavia, Illinoisview gallery

WW18 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresDepot Museum - Batavia, Illinois

in Relocated Structures

Former Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy Railroad Depot was originally located on other side of the Fox River in Batavia, Illinois.

posted by: Groundspeak Charter Member BruceS

location: Illinois

date approved: 10/29/2006

last visited: 7/9/2017

Image for Little Red Schoolhouse - Willow Springs, ILview gallery

SESE24.5 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresLittle Red Schoolhouse - Willow Springs, IL

in Relocated Structures

The building was moved twice before becoming a nature center.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Go Boilers!

location: Illinois

date approved: 2/17/2010

last visited: never

Image for Francisco Terrace arch - Oak Park, ILview gallery

EE25.3 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresFrancisco Terrace arch - Oak Park, IL

in Relocated Structures

A dramatic ornamental arch framed the original building’s entrance. It was salvaged when the building was demolished in 1974, and subsequently reinstalled in an apartment complex in Oak Park.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 7/9/2017

last visited: never

Image for Four Terra Cotta Busts - Second City Theater Facade, Chicago, ILview gallery

EE38.3 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresFour Terra Cotta Busts - Second City Theater Facade, Chicago, IL

in Relocated Structures

Busts of German artistic figures, constructed for the Schiller Theater (now demolished), and relocated to the facade of The Second City comedy club.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 7/6/2011

last visited: 11/2/2012

Image for Abraham Lincoln - Re Located to Chicago, Illinois, USA.view gallery

EE39.1 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresAbraham Lincoln - Re Located to Chicago, Illinois, USA.

in Relocated Structures

A larger than life, seated figure of President Abraham Lincoln. First displayed in Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. One of two bronze Abraham Lincoln statues by sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens now displayed in Chicago.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member veritas vita

location: Illinois

date approved: 6/12/2014

last visited: 9/16/2017

Image for District 121 Schmuhl School - New Lenox, ILview gallery

SS41 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresDistrict 121 Schmuhl School - New Lenox, IL

in Relocated Structures

A one-room school house built in 1933 and used until 1996. Now relocated and preserved to provide a historical representation of early 20th Century education.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member cldisme

location: Illinois

date approved: 6/9/2008

last visited: 8/18/2011

Image for Railroad Depot - Union, ILview gallery

NWNW54.6 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresRailroad Depot - Union, IL

in Relocated Structures

This C&NW railway depot was originally located in Marengo, IL along the Galena & Chicago Union RY.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Go Boilers!

location: Illinois

date approved: 7/22/2012

last visited: 6/17/2015

Image for Spaulding Tower - Union ILview gallery

NWNW54.7 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresSpaulding Tower - Union IL

in Relocated Structures

The relocated Spaulding Tower is on display at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kJfishman

location: Illinois

date approved: 2/21/2016

last visited: 11/14/2017

Image for Willowhaven Interpretive Center - Kankakee Co., ILview gallery

SS83.5 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresWillowhaven Interpretive Center - Kankakee Co., IL

in Relocated Structures

A former barn from NE Iowa is now a nature interpretive center for a local park district in Illinois.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member cldisme

location: Illinois

date approved: 11/5/2007

last visited: 4/14/2010

Image for Dinosaur Discovery Museum - Kenosha, WIview gallery

NN83.7 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresDinosaur Discovery Museum - Kenosha, WI

in Relocated Structures

The Dinosaur Discovery Museum used to be the US Post Office and was located several blocks away from its current location. It was moved in 1933 when a new post office was built. It is currently located at 5608 Tenth Ave.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 1/11/2009

last visited: 8/2/2010

Image for Old Settlers Log Cabin - Dixon ILview gallery

WW115.4 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresOld Settlers Log Cabin - Dixon IL

in Relocated Structures

Old Settlers Log Cabin -Dixon IL

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kJfishman

location: Illinois

date approved: 8/6/2008

last visited: 8/3/2008

Image for South Milwaukee Railroad Depot - South Milwaukee, WIview gallery

NN118.4 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresSouth Milwaukee Railroad Depot - South Milwaukee, WI

in Relocated Structures

The South Milwaukee Railroad Depot was built in 1855. At that time it was merely a wooden platform and was located at 10th and Rawson. It was moved to its present location at 11th and Milwaukee in 1864. This elevation sign is on the depot.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 12/30/2008

last visited: 1/6/2014

Image for Milwaukee County Zoo Octagonal Barn - Milwaukee, WIview gallery

NN130.4 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresMilwaukee County Zoo Octagonal Barn - Milwaukee, WI

in Relocated Structures

The Milwaukee County Zoo Octagonal Barn was built in 1896 in Ozaukee County in Wisconsin. It was moved to the Milwaukee County Zoo in 1986 and now serves as a working dairy farm barn in the Children's Zoo. The Zoo is at 10001 W Bluemound Rd.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 11/4/2008

last visited: 10/18/2008

Image for First Kindergarten - Watertown, WIview gallery

NN155.8 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresFirst Kindergarten - Watertown, WI

in Relocated Structures

The First Kindergarten in the United States was begun in Watertown in 1856 by Margarethe Meyer Schurz. The building was moved from downtown Watertown to its present location in 1956.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/26/2008

last visited: 1/1/2011

Total Records: 17 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)