Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Blue Plaques
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here Blue Plaques Group
Description:
A "blue plaque" is a sign attached to a house where (maybe) someone famous once lived, or placed where a notable event took place, or attached to a building that is remarkable in another way.

Note: Please see additional updates below for some minor adjustment to the Requirements for this Category made on 12/27/2008.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying Blue Plaques

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 2145 Page: 5 of 86 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Thomas Paine - White Hart, High Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesThomas Paine - White Hart, High Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

A blue plaque indicates that Thomas Paine "expounded his revolutionary politics" in the White Hart, a public house on the south east side of the High Street In Lewes.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Russell and Bromley - Fisher Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesRussell and Bromley - Fisher Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This plaque, erected by Lewes Borough Council, is attached to a building at the junction of High Street and Fisher Street in Lewes. The plaque is on the Fisher Street face of the building which is (currently) the Tourist Information office.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lewes Market Tower - Market Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesLewes Market Tower - Market Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

Lewes Borough Council have placed one of their plaques on the south east face of the Market Tower in Market Street in Lewes. The plaque advises that the tower was built to "house the Old Town clock".

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/8/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lewes Naval Prison - Lancaster Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesLewes Naval Prison - Lancaster Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Borough of Lewes plaque is attached to a brick post on the south east side of Lancaster Street in Lewes. Lewes's current (modern) police station lies to the east of the plaque in North Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/8/2015

last visited: never

Image for The Dorset Arms - Malling Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesThe Dorset Arms - Malling Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Lewes Borough Council plaque is attached to the rear of the Dirset Arms in Malling Street in Lewes. Tucked away in a corner it appears as though the pub or the council or both are ashamed of its heritage.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/8/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lewes Mechanics' Institute - West Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesLewes Mechanics' Institute - West Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Lewes Borough Council plaque is mounted on the south face of a former police station in West Street in Lewes.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/8/2015

last visited: never

Image for Foundry Lane - Foundry Lane, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesFoundry Lane - Foundry Lane, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Borough of Lewes plaque is on the wall of the "The Gardeners Arms" public house which is located at the junction of Cliffe High Street and Foundry Lane. The plaque, that identifies Foundry Lane is on that face of the pub.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/6/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lewes Dispensary - High Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesLewes Dispensary - High Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Borough of Lewes plaque is attached to the north west face of a building at the junction of High Street and Friars Walk in Lewes. The older part of the building was constructed in 1770 as a house and later became the Lewes Dispensary.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/6/2015

last visited: never

Image for Jireh Chapel 1805 - Malting Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesJireh Chapel 1805 - Malting Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Borough of Lewes plaque is attached to the Jireh Chapel, now home of the Lewes Free Presbyterian Church on the north side of Malting Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/6/2015

last visited: never

Image for Turkish Baths - Friars Walk, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesTurkish Baths - Friars Walk, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This plaque, erected by Lewes Borough Council, is attached to the south face of a building on the west side of Friars Walk in Lewes. The plaque indicates that the building used to house "Turkish baths" that closed in 1882.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/5/2015

last visited: never

Image for Fitzroy House - High Street, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesFitzroy House - High Street, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Borough of Lewes plaque is attached to Fitzroy House that stands on the corner of Lewes High Street and Friars Walk. The building started life as a library and was designed by the architect Sir George Gilbert Scott and was built in 1862.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 11/5/2015

last visited: never

Image for Greyfriars Franciscan Friary - Friars Walk, Lewes, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesGreyfriars Franciscan Friary - Friars Walk, Lewes, UK

in Blue Plaques

This white plaque, erected by Lewes Borough Council, is attached to a wall adjacent to the archway that is "the only surviving part of the Greyfriars Franciscan Friary".

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/31/2015

last visited: never

Image for Dr G W Eustace - Maltravers Street, Arundel, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesDr G W Eustace - Maltravers Street, Arundel, UK

in Blue Plaques

This blue plaque advises that Dr G W Euatace "lived here". The plaque is attached to a building on the north west side of Maltravers Street in Arundel.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/31/2015

last visited: never

Image for Ralph Ellis - Maltravers Street, Arundel, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesRalph Ellis - Maltravers Street, Arundel, UK

in Blue Plaques

This West Sussex County Council blue plaque, to the artist Ralph Ellis, indicates that he lived here. The plaque is attached to a building on the south east side of Maltravers Street in Arundel.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for Independent Dissenters Chapel - Tarrant Street, Arundel, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesIndependent Dissenters Chapel - Tarrant Street, Arundel, UK

in Blue Plaques

This blue plaque indicates that the building was used as an "Independent Dissenters Chapel" from "1784 - 1838". The building is on the south east side of Tarrant Street with the ground floor being used as a grocery store.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for West Sussex Gazette - High Street, Arundel, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesWest Sussex Gazette - High Street, Arundel, UK

in Blue Plaques

This West Sussex County Council blue plaque indicates that the West Sussex Gazette was "published here 1853 - 1996". The plaque is attached to a building on the south west side of the High Street in Arundel. The plaque marks the paper's 150th year.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for Thomas Walder - High Street, Arundel, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesThomas Walder - High Street, Arundel, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Arun District Council blue plaque indicates that the clockmaker, Thomas Walder, "lived in a house on this site". The plaque is attached to a building on the north east side of Arundel High Street and next to it is a clock with a stone face.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: South East England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for Gertrude Fogg - New Row, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesGertrude Fogg - New Row, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This blue plaque to Gertrude Fogg is attached to Mr Fogg's Tavern at the junction of St Martin's Lane and New Row. The plaque is on the New Row face of the building.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for Sir Isaac Rebow - Head Street, Colchester, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesSir Isaac Rebow - Head Street, Colchester, UK

in Blue Plaques

This blue plaque indicates that Sir Isaac Rebow lived here and was visited, on three separate occasions, by King William III. The plaque is attached to a building on the east side of Head Street at the junction with Sir Isaac's Walk.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Eastern England, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/29/2015

last visited: never

Image for Leytonstone House - Hanbury Drive, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesLeytonstone House - Hanbury Drive, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Waltham Forest blue plaque is attached to the front of Leytonstone House which is located on the north west side of Hanbury Drive in east London.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for 694A, 696A, 698A High Road - Aylmer Road, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue Plaques694A, 696A, 698A High Road - Aylmer Road, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This terrace of Georgian houses is tucked away behind High Road Leytonstone. The Waltham Forest heritage blue plaque is attached to the end wall of the terrace on the north east side of Aylmer Road.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for Herbert Austin, 1866-1941, Northfield, Birmingham, Englandview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesHerbert Austin, 1866-1941, Northfield, Birmingham, England

in Blue Plaques

Dedicated to Herbert Austin, founder of the Austin Motor Company.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member The_Senior_Crabbes

location: West Midlands, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/22/2015

last visited: never

Image for ARP Depot Harrow Green School - Corn Way, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesARP Depot Harrow Green School - Corn Way, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This blue plaque, erected by Waltham Forest Heritage, marks the location where Harrow Green School used to stand. It was destroyed in 1942 when a Wellington Bomber crashed into it killing all six onboard and five members of the ARP located here.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/15/2015

last visited: never

Image for The Pastures - Davies Lane, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesThe Pastures - Davies Lane, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Waltham Forest Heritage blue plaque is attached to a youth centre on the south side of Davies Lane in Leytonstone in east London. The plaque indicates that it was the "site of a substantial 17th century house".

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/15/2015

last visited: never

Image for Alfred Hitchcock - Leytonstone High Road, London, UKview gallery
Log it!

Blue PlaquesAlfred Hitchcock - Leytonstone High Road, London, UK

in Blue Plaques

This Waltham Forest Heritage blue plaque, to Alfred Hitchcock, indicates that he "was born near this site". The plaque is erected on a building in a garage forecourt at the junction of Leytonstone High Road and Lynn Road.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: London, United Kingdom

date approved: 10/15/2015

last visited: never

Total Records: 2145 Page: 5 of 86 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)