By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 41° 51.551 W 088° 05.573 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins
Managed By: Icon Here Piecekeepers
Description:
The waymarks in this category document the locations of building or structure remnants that were saved to be put on display after the building or structure was destroyed or removed. Ruins that have been preserved are also recorded here. If "[show additional information]" is visible below, please click it for the full description.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 7 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Image for Urn adornment from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Elmhurst, ILview gallery

EE12.9 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsUrn adornment from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Elmhurst, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

1870 landmark in Wilder Park, marked by the Elmhurst Bicenntennial Commission and the Martha Ibbetson Chapter of the NSDAR.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 4/20/2008

last visited: 5/11/2008

Image for "Our Boys" World War 1 Memorial - Edison Park neighborhood, Chicago, ILview gallery

NENE27.7 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins"Our Boys" World War 1 Memorial - Edison Park neighborhood, Chicago, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Beautiful granite pillar topped by an eagle (preserved from old Cook County Court House), to commemorate the boys of the Edison Park neighborhood of Chicago who fought in World War 1.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 3/7/2010

last visited: never

Image for George Washington preserved keystone - Chicago, ILview gallery

NENE37 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsGeorge Washington preserved keystone - Chicago, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Former keystone, relocated from the arch of the Washington Street entrance to Chicago's old city hall.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 1/28/2018

last visited: never

Image for Urn adornment from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Chicago, ILview gallery

EE38.5 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsUrn adornment from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Chicago, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Finial from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse, located east of N. Lincoln Park West and southwest of the Lincoln Park Cultural Center.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 11/24/2017

last visited: never

Image for Chicago Stock Exchange Entrance - Chicago, ILview gallery

EE39.1 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsChicago Stock Exchange Entrance - Chicago, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Originally built by Louis Sullivan in 1893 on LaSalle Street, preserved and rebuilt near the Art Institute (East Garden) at Monroe Street & Columbus Drive.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 4/22/2008

last visited: 11/8/2015

Image for Balbo Column - Chicago, ILview gallery

EE39.8 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsBalbo Column - Chicago, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Removed from the ruins of a Roman temple in Ostia, the column commemorates General Italo Balbo's trans-Atlantic flight to Chicago in 1933 as part of the Century of Progress World's Fair.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member cldisme

location: Illinois

date approved: 3/10/2008

last visited: 11/21/2013

Image for Stone roof ornament from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Evanston, ILview gallery

NENE40.2 km

Log it!

Preserved Architectural Remnants and RuinsStone roof ornament from pre-Chicago Fire Cook County Courthouse - Evanston, IL

in Preserved Architectural Remnants and Ruins

Brought to Evanston by Dr. Charles Quinlan, whose office was next to the courthouse. Eventually relocated to current site on grounds of the historic Charles Dawes House.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 6/17/2009

last visited: never

Total Records: 7 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)