Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
Court House Square (38-10)
in South Carolina Historical Markers
Located on the site for a former courthouse.
posted by: ChapterhouseInc
location: South Carolina
date approved: 7/5/2010
last visited: 6/20/2010
Pioneer Graveyard (38-11)
A historic graveyard near the old city center.
date approved: 6/27/2010
Old Dixie Club Library (38-4)
This old building has a long history in Orangeburg. it was moved here in 1955.
Old Courthouse Square, 1780
Located along US 178 in Orangeburg.
John M. Bates Bridge
The 601 bridge spanning the Congaree River is dedicated to a former politician from the area.
date approved: 6/21/2010
Calhoun County (9-5)
Located on the courthouse lawn, describes the naming and history of the county.
St. Phillip A.M.E. Church (40-121)
A historic church located on McCords Ferry Rd.
Named for the President of the Louisville, Cincinnati and Charleston Railroad.
last visited: 5/16/2012
Site of Columbia High School (40-97)
Once a Female Academy, then a high school, it is no longer site of a school.
last visited: 1/29/2013
Site of Columbia Female Academy (40-20)
This was the location of a school from 1820 to 1915.
Washington Street Methodist Church (40-21)
One of many historic churches found in the state capitol.
First Presbyterian Church (40-22)
One of many historic churches in the state capitol area.
Thomas Smith (10-3)
A Governor of South Carolina had a home on this street corner.
last visited: 12/2/2011
21- 29 American Legion Post #1 / 2nd Lieutenant Fred H. Sexton
This post, organized in May 1919 and chartered by national headquarters in June 1919, was the first American Legion post in S.C
posted by: David Taylor
date approved: 6/17/2010
last visited: never
Sumter Street (40-83)
One of many markers describing the naming of a street. This person had much greater impact on the city and state than the others.
date approved: 6/1/2010
last visited: 1/1/2014
Seaboard Airline Passenger Depot (40-125)
This is the duplicate marker on the other side of the depot.
date approved: 5/31/2010
last visited: 5/30/2010
One of several markers dedicated to this group that trained here for WWII.
Washington Street (40-71)
Named for George Washington who visited here in 1791.
Courthouse Square (40-53)
Tis was the site of the courthouse from 1803-1865.
The Big Apple (40-101)
A historic African American Club that spawned a dance.
Site of Wayside Hospital (S4)
A Civil War hospital was operated here.
Gadsden Street (40-106)
This street is named for a native South Carolinian who has a career in politics.
last visited: 9/26/2013
Lincoln Street (40-76)
One of many historic figures honored with a street name in this capitol city.
Assembly Street (40-90)
One of several streets with a historic marker about its naming.
Blossom Street (40-78)
One of many historic streets in the downtown area named for a famous person.
Copyright (c) 2014 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.