Home > Categories > Category
you are not logged in. [log in]
additional search options
Newest (by date approved)
Newest (by date created)
General Walter Washington Williams
in Texas Historical Markers
A burial of the last surviving soldier of the Civil War
posted by: Deafdillos
date approved: 7/13/2008
last visited: 8/17/2013
This historical marker details the founding of the community of New Baden in Robertson County.
posted by: rilekyle
date approved: 11/7/2006
last visited: 3/5/2010
Robertson County Courthouse
Located in the front lawn of the courthouse.
posted by: txoilgas
date approved: 11/17/2009
last visited: 6/5/2016
Camp Creek Cemetery
Another historic Robertson County cemetery with a geocache very close nearby.
Interesting to note is that this marker and the nearby one for Edward McMillan disagree as to the year his wife died (1869 vs. 1879).
date approved: 1/22/2011
last visited: never
Final resting place of a Battle of San Jacinto veteran and his wife.
Historic Robertson County cemetery.
date approved: 1/20/2011
last visited: 10/29/2010
Town of Calvert
Located on the corner of the intersection that is the center of the town.
Isaac Phillip Stem
A marker by the entrance of Wesley Chapel Cemetery on Robertson County Road 979, about 1.5mi South of TX Hwy 7, denoting the burial site of Isaac P. Stem: a military figure in the Republic of Texas and subsequently nascent state of Texas.
posted by: Raven
date approved: 3/19/2016
last visited: 3/5/2016
Site of the Harvey family massacre near Calvert, Texas.
posted by: BalloonPilot07
date approved: 10/7/2009
last visited: 12/6/2014
Site of Extinct Town of Hammond
New relocated location of the marker alongside SH 6.
last visited: 5/22/2010
El Camino Real
A pink granite monument erected during the centennial of the State of Texas in 1936 and accepted as an official State historic marker preserves the history of this ancient road.
posted by: Benchmark Blasterz
date approved: 5/26/2014
last visited: 7/20/2015
A marker inside the "King-Williams" Historic Texas Cemetery, located on TX Hwy 7 approx. 8mi East of Kosse in Limestone County.
date approved: 3/20/2016
One of three historic markers at this small pullout near the junction of the OSR and the TX 6 near Benchley in Robertson Co. TX, this marker is right of the DAR marker made of Texas pink granite
date approved: 5/9/2015
One of three historic markers at this small pullout near the junction of the OSR and the TX 6 near Benchley in Robertson Co. TX, this marker is left of the DAR marker made of Texas pink granite
Site of the Town of Nashville
Marker about this ghost town
date approved: 6/23/2008
last visited: 9/29/2010
This marker stands near the cemetery on FM 1372 in North Zulch.
posted by: QuesterMark
date approved: 1/28/2011
last visited: 5/30/2016
A marker right off TX Hwy 7, about 1.4 miles East of Kosse (Limestone County), denoting the approximate location of the now extinct town of Eutaw -- a victim of the railroads choosing another nearby locale as terminus shortly after the Civil War.
Brown Family Cemetery
On SH 14, about 1.5 mi. N of Kosse
The Town of Gause
Historical marker describing the history of this small town which was established in 1872.
posted by: techiegrl64
date approved: 11/26/2008
Located at the entrance to the courthouse.
date approved: 11/19/2009
last visited: 4/25/2015
Town Named For William Joel Bryan 1814 - 1903
Located at the entrance of the courthouse.
date approved: 11/21/2009
Brazos County Confederate Commissioners Court
La Salle Hotel
Historical Marker affixed to the side of the La Salle Hotel.
posted by: WalksfarTX
date approved: 10/18/2014
last visited: 3/18/2016
This historical marker is in a southbound rest area on I-45 about 5 miles south of Centerville.
posted by: Peter and Gloria
date approved: 2/10/2010
last visited: 2/9/2010
Copyright (c) 2016 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved.