Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
British Columbia Heritage Markers
 allows ratings
Description:
The British Columbia Heritage Markers category waymarks Historical Markers that have been installed by the Province of British Columbia or other historic markers placed throughout the province of B.C.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying British Columbia Heritage Markers

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 462 Page: 1 of 19 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Lymington Building - Trail, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersLymington Building - Trail, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Now gone but not forgotten, the Lymington Building occupied the corner of Cedar Street and Spokane Avenue for many years. Today two stores, one until recently was a pet supply store, now a ladies wear store, while the other is a coffee house.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 12/1/2014

last visited: never

Image for Avenue of the Clans - Trail, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersAvenue of the Clans - Trail, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

At the concession stand in Gyro Park are a pair of historical markers. This one tells of the Scots who immigrated to the area, and of their influence on the community.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 12/1/2014

last visited: never

Image for Shaver's Bench - East Trail, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersShaver's Bench - East Trail, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This is one of a series of historical markers erected by the Trail Historical Society, each one telling visitors a bit about the history of the neighbourhood they find themselves in.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 12/1/2014

last visited: never

Image for Glenmerry - East Trail, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersGlenmerry - East Trail, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This is one of a series of historical markers erected by the Trail Historical Society, each one telling visitors a bit about the history of the neighbourhood they find themselves in.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 12/1/2014

last visited: never

Image for Gyro Park - Trail, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersGyro Park - Trail, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

At the concession stand in Gyro Park are a pair of historical markers. This one tells passers by of the park itself, when it was begun, what improvements it has undergone and what's there today.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 12/1/2014

last visited: never

Image for Rossland Swimming Pool - Rossland, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersRossland Swimming Pool - Rossland, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

It turns out that the Rossland's swimming pool is not only a heritage site but the oldest outdoor pool in BC. Whoda thunk it? Easy to find, it's right beside the city hall at 1869 Columbia Avenue.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 11/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Osoyoos Custom House - Osoyoos, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersOsoyoos Custom House - Osoyoos, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This old Cairn and plaque were discovered quite accidentally while stopping by the Osoyoos Cemetery. It is on the east side of 176th Avenue, directly across from the cemetery.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/22/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. Michael's Anglican Parish - Merritt, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSt. Michael's Anglican Parish - Merritt, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Merritt's Anglican congregation, after meeting for around 6 years in various homes and halls, finally had a church to call their own in 1913.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Trinity United Church - Merritt, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersTrinity United Church - Merritt, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

The Presbyterians in Merritt had, shortly after the turn of the century, met for years in various locations in the town. In 1908, land for a church was bought for $400. By November of 1910 the congregation had a church.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Baillie House. Merritt, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersBaillie House. Merritt, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Built in 1913 to house a mail order bride, Cosom A. Bigney's house included much embellishment in hopes that it would make the English lady feel at home. She never arrived and Cosom A. Bigney never married, passing away in 1933.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. Mary's Catholic Church - Enderby, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSt. Mary's Catholic Church - Enderby, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This little wood framed Roman Catholic Church has stood behind the present day site of Super Save Gas on the southern outskirts of Enderby for nearly 100 years.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Enderby, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSt. Andrew's Presbyterian Church - Enderby, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

On the corner of Belvedere Street and Regent Avenue, this was the second Presbyterian Church built in Enderby, the first being built in 1890 on the corner of Russell and George Streets.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. George's Anglican Church - Enderby, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSt. George's Anglican Church - Enderby, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This little wood frame church stands on the southwest corner of the intersection of Knight Avenue and Belvedere Street. It has stood there for 123 years, as of 2014.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 9/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Yuen On Lung Store - Merritt, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersYuen On Lung Store - Merritt, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This general store was opened in 1928 by the Toy family, who had immigrated to Canada from China around 1916. They operated the store sporadically until the 2000s, after which time it became a City of Merritt Heritage Property.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop - Merritt, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersHospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop - Merritt, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This building was built in 1926 on the corner of Voght Street and Coutlee Avenue.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Zion United Church - Armstrong, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersZion United Church - Armstrong, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Initially a Presbyterian church, this wood frame building was the second church built in the town of Armstrong, with services being held for the first time on January 2nd, 1902. In 1925, with Canada wide church union, it became a United Church.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for O'Keefe Ranch - Armstrong, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersO'Keefe Ranch - Armstrong, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This heritage marker, recounting the beginnings of the Okanagan's first large ranching operation, is at the ranch, toward the rear of the parking area.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. James Catholic Church - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSt. James Catholic Church - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Eight feet taller than it is long, this Beautiful Catholic church of rusticated concrete block was touted as "one of the handsomest edifices of its kind in the interior" when completed in 1910. It has been in continuous use now for over 100 years.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Campbell House - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersCampbell House - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This pre 1900 Queen Anne Revival style house was built in 1898 for A.E. Morden, but is better known for its subsequent owners, the Campbell family, who operated a furniture store and funeral home in Vernon for decades.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Second Crowell House - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersSecond Crowell House - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

T. E. Crowell built this house for himself in 1910, using his own product, bricks. He had purchased the Vernon Brickyards in 1902 and subsequently built many of the city's most prominent brick buildings.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Mohr House - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersMohr House - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Apparently unique in the city of Vernon, this is the sole remaining Second Empire building in Vernon. This style became the official style for federal buildings in Canada in the 1870s and 1880s. This building, built in 1893, is now a dentist office.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for S.C. Smith House - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersS.C. Smith House - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

Completed in 1908 for S.C. Smith, prominent local businessman and sawmill owner, in 1956, 23 years after his death, the building became a convent for the Sisters of St. Ann. It has been home to the Vernon Community Music School since 1982.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for Urquhart House - Vernon, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersUrquhart House - Vernon, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This 1912 English Arts and Crafts bungalow was the work of architect Otto Beeston Hatchard (1879-1945), born in London, England. Extremely well crafted, most, if not all of his Vernon houses were built by local contractor Robert Ford.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for William Frank Hayden House - Kamloops, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersWilliam Frank Hayden House - Kamloops, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This house was built in 1911 for William Frank Hayden, Canadian Pacific Railway agent and insurance agent. It is a typical example of a middle class Edwardian-era building, myriads of which were going up during that time of unprecedented prosperity.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Image for William W. Bishop House - Kamloops, BCview gallery
Log it!

British Columbia Heritage MarkersWilliam W. Bishop House - Kamloops, BC

in British Columbia Heritage Markers

This Edwardian-era Foursquare house was built in 1913 and also shows influence from the then popular Arts and Crafts movement. It is noted for having been built for William Wills Bishop, a printer with the politically active newspaper The Standard.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: British Columbia, Canada

date approved: 8/28/2014

last visited: never

Total Records: 462 Page: 1 of 19 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)