Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
 allows ratings
Description:
The U.S. National Register of Historic Places lists over 87,000 sites officially approved by the U.S. National Park Service as cultural resources worthy of preservation.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying U.S. National Register of Historic Places

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 14401 Page: 9 of 577 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Sandpoint Federal Building - Sandpoint, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSandpoint Federal Building - Sandpoint, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Though money was initially appropriated for a federal building for Sandpoint in 1913, economic reversals delayed the actual start of its construction until April of 1927. Sold by the government in 2000, it is now owned by First American Title.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Sandpoint Community Hall - Sandpoint, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSandpoint Community Hall - Sandpoint, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Begun as a boy scout project early in 1935, this log community hall eventually became a national project, with financial input from an alphabet soup of organizations, from the I.E.R.A to the W.P.A. to the U.S.O.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Nesbitt, Amanda, House - Sandpoint, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesNesbitt, Amanda, House - Sandpoint, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Originally known as the Tanner house, this Queen Anne was built in 1906 by Dan Tanner for the exorbitant cost of $2,500. It is one of the few Queen Annes in Sandpoint and is the only house in Sandpoint with a tower.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Bernd, W. A., Building - Sandpoint, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBernd, W. A., Building - Sandpoint, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

W. A. Bernd had this building put up in 1907 as a commercial and office building though later the upstairs was converted to hotel and apartment space. Today it is again a commercial/retail building with offices on the upper floor.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Caswell County Courthouse - Yanceyville, North Carolinaview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCaswell County Courthouse - Yanceyville, North Carolina

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Historic Caswell County Courthouse was built in 1861 and stands on the courthouse square in Yanceyville, North Carolina

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Sneakin Deacon

location: North Carolina

date approved: 6/19/2014

last visited: never

Image for Sandpoint Burlington Northern Railway Station - Sandpoint, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSandpoint Burlington Northern Railway Station - Sandpoint, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Built by the Northern Pacific in 1916, this station is the only Gothic style railway in the state. Passenger service through this station continued until the beginning of AMTRAK on May 1, 1971.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Oklahoma College for Women Historic District - Chickasha, OKview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesOklahoma College for Women Historic District - Chickasha, OK

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This college is the only campus in Oklahoma higher education to be listed as a Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member hamquilter

location: Oklahoma

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Nymore Bridge, Bemidji, MNview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesNymore Bridge, Bemidji, MN

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This bridge was built in 1917 with a patented reinforcement system designed by George M. Cheney.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildernessmama

location: Minnesota

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for David Park House, Bemidji, MNview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesDavid Park House, Bemidji, MN

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The David Park House was built in 1936 by architect Edward K. Mahlum.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildernessmama

location: Minnesota

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Great Northern Depot, Bemidji, MNview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesGreat Northern Depot, Bemidji, MN

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This brick and stone depot was built in 1913 back when logging demanded need for a railroad station.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildernessmama

location: Minnesota

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Beltrami County Courthouse, Bemiji, MNview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBeltrami County Courthouse, Bemiji, MN

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Beltrami County Courthouse was built in 1902, designed by architects Kinney and Detweiler, and built in the Beaux Arts style.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildernessmama

location: Minnesota

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Dover Church - Dover, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesDover Church - Dover, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Originally built in the early 1920s as a summer cottage for lumber tycoon A. C. White, this church was first moved between towns, then immediately donated to the town of Dover for use as a church.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for North Side School - Bonners Ferry, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesNorth Side School - Bonners Ferry, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Opening on January 24, 1914, this was the first substantial school built in the Bonners Ferry area, replacing a two room wood frame building and alleviating overcrowded conditions for pupils and teachers alike.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/17/2014

last visited: never

Image for Priest River Commercial Core Historic District - Priest River, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesPriest River Commercial Core Historic District - Priest River, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This historic district roughly encompasses four city blocks, from Wisconsin to Cedar Street & Montgomery Street to Albeni Road. Within this area are 10 contributing buildings, built between 1912 and 1924.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Bemidji Carnegie Library, Bemidji, MNview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBemidji Carnegie Library, Bemidji, MN

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Carnegie library was constructed in 1909 from brick trimmed with limestone.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member wildernessmama

location: Minnesota

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Boundary County Courthouse - Bonners Ferry, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBoundary County Courthouse - Bonners Ferry, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

A project of the WPA, this art deco courthouse was completed in 1940. Its façade contains three bas relief panels designed by Fletcher Martin, one of only four WPA art projects known in Idaho.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Settlement School - Priest River, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSettlement School - Priest River, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

With construction beginning in early September of 1922, this rural schoolhouse was completed by early January of 1923. Designed by Sandpoint Architect Henry L. Mountjoy, it was built by Priest River contractor Peter J. Young.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Hotel Charbonneau - Priest River, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesHotel Charbonneau - Priest River, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Designed and built by the first owner, Charles Charbonneau, this hotel first saw life in 1912 and went on to become the class of Northwestern Idaho, serving travellers and salesmen until its eventual demise in 1989.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for US Post Office--Bonners Ferry Main - Bonners Ferry, Idview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesUS Post Office--Bonners Ferry Main - Bonners Ferry, Id

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

While plans were afoot for a new federal building for Bonners Ferry in early 1935, it wasn't until April 30th of 1938 that the building was officially dedicated. Well built of brick and concrete, it remains the post office to this day.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Priest River High School - Priest River, IDview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesPriest River High School - Priest River, ID

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Another much needed WPA project, this High School (now Junior High) was begun in 1940. The Art Moderne design was the brainchild of well known architect G. A. Pehrson, of Spokane, WA and continues in use to this day.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Idaho

date approved: 6/16/2014

last visited: never

Image for Phillips, Dr. John and Viola, House and Office - Newport, WAview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesPhillips, Dr. John and Viola, House and Office - Newport, WA

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Constructed in 1913, this craftsman style bungalow was designed by local architect Harold A. Sewell for Dr. John and Viola Phillips, pioneers of Newport, the doctor being the first resident doctor in the fledgling town of Newport, arriving in 1900.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Washington

date approved: 6/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Washington Hotel - Metaline Falls, WAview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWashington Hotel - Metaline Falls, WA

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Another of the town's buildings erected by Lewis P. Larson, this one in 1910, the Washington Hotel was the anchor for the fledgling business section in Metaline Falls. Solidly built, it served the town for many years.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Washington

date approved: 6/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Tabernacle Cemetery - Greenwood County, SCview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesTabernacle Cemetery - Greenwood County, SC

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Almost hidden in a wooded area, Tabernacle Cemetery is the final resting place for prominent residents and Civil War Veterans of what was once the community of Tabernacle, SC.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member jhuoni

location: South Carolina

date approved: 6/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Fife Opera Houseview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFife Opera House

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Hardware store below, Opera House above. Mr. Fife provided a lot at the in early 20th Century.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: Illinois

date approved: 6/14/2014

last visited: never

Image for Metaline Falls School - Metaline Falls, WAview gallery
Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMetaline Falls School - Metaline Falls, WA

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Designed by well known Washington architects Cutter and Malgren, this Neoclassically styled former school was built in 1912 by Pend Oreille School District #2. It was the first, and until 1956, only school in Metaline Falls.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member BK-Hunters

location: Washington

date approved: 6/13/2014

last visited: never

Total Records: 14401 Page: 9 of 577 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)