Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 43° 47.500 W 089° 19.740 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
 allows ratings
Description:
The U.S. National Register of Historic Places lists over 87,000 sites officially approved by the U.S. National Park Service as cultural resources worthy of preservation.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 208 Page: 1 of 9 prev<<<[123456789]>>>next
Image for Montello Commercial Historic Districtview gallery

here0 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMontello Commercial Historic District

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Take a stroll down West Montello and Main Streets and view the Queen Anne, Italianate and other architecture from 1875-1924. View Montello's famous granite quarry.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Archived2012

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/24/2007

last visited: 8/11/2007

Image for Vaughn's Hall and Blacksmith Shopview gallery

WW0 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesVaughn's Hall and Blacksmith Shop

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

J.P. Vaughn was a blacksmith who, in 1912, built this two-story cement block building. Building materials new for the time - that of cast concrete blocks were manufactured right in Montello at Neck and Brothers manufacturing site.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Archived2012

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/24/2007

last visited: 8/11/2007

Image for Marquette County Courthouse and Marquette County Sheriff's Office and Jail  -  Montello, WIview gallery

NWNW0.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMarquette County Courthouse and Marquette County Sheriff's Office and Jail - Montello, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The first courthouse was built in 1863. This courthouse replaced the original in 1918 and was built on a hill overlooking Lake Montello. The Sheriff's Office and Jail building was built behind the courthouse.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Archived2012

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/23/2007

last visited: never

Image for Richter, Charles Samuel, House view gallery

NWNW0.3 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesRichter, Charles Samuel, House

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Built by Charles S. Richter, president of the Montello Granite Company for his wife and two daughters, the house was the height of luxury in Montello. The setting, on a hill overlooking both Montello Lake and Buffalo Lake.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Archived2012

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/27/2007

last visited: 8/12/2007

Image for Fountain Lake Farm  -  Montello, WIview gallery

SWSW12.4 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFountain Lake Farm - Montello, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Saunter where John Muir spent his teen years clearing the wilderness for the family farm across the lake. Explore the environment that fanned his love for nature.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Archived2012

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/22/2007

last visited: never

Image for Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters  -  Portage, WIview gallery

SS27.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters - Portage, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters E. of Portage, WI. Home of Army Surgeons from 1834-1845.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member frankhj

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 8/22/2007

last visited: 1/13/2011

Image for Waushara County Courthouse, Waushara County Sheriff's Residence and Jail - Wautoma, WIview gallery

NN31.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWaushara County Courthouse, Waushara County Sheriff's Residence and Jail - Wautoma, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This is the Waushara County Courthouse, Waushara County Sheriff's Residence and Jail in Wautoma, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 11/27/2010

last visited: never

Image for First Congregational Church  -  Ripon, WIview gallery

EE39.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFirst Congregational Church - Ripon, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This church building was built in 1868. The church itself was founded in 1850. It is located at 220 Ransom St. in Ripon, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/22/2008

last visited: 9/2/2009

Image for Roche-a-Cri Petroglyphs - Friendship, WIview gallery

NWNW45.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesRoche-a-Cri Petroglyphs - Friendship, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Roche-a-Cri Petroglyphs are located inside the Roche-A-Cri State Park near Friendship, WI. The rock art is believed to be over 1,000 years old.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/11/2008

last visited: 9/18/2010

Image for Raube Road Site - Brandon, WIview gallery

EE48.6 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesRaube Road Site - Brandon, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Raube Road Site is one of Wisconsin's few remaining intact Old Military Road Segments from the state's territorial period. Originally planned as an Army supply and communication route between Prairie du Chien and Green Bay.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/22/2008

last visited: 12/28/2011

Image for Ringling Brothers Circus Headquarters Historic District - Baraboo, WIview gallery

SWSW48.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesRingling Brothers Circus Headquarters Historic District - Baraboo, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Ringling Brothers Circus was founded in 1884 in Baraboo, WI. The circus wintered here for 34 years before it merged with the Barnum & Bailey Circus in 1918. It is located at 550 Water St in Baraboo, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 8/13/2008

last visited: 6/17/2014

Image for End of the Trail - Waupun, WIview gallery

EE51 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesEnd of the Trail - Waupun, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The original model of "The End of the Trail" was created by James Earl Fraser in 1894. As a tribute to the Native Americans Clarence Shaler commissioned James Earle Fraser to cast the statute in bronze as a gift to the City of Waupun.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/25/2008

last visited: 7/30/2010

Image for Merrimac Ferry - Merrimac, WIview gallery

SWSW52.6 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMerrimac Ferry - Merrimac, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

One of the few places on the National Register that actually moves!

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member cldisme

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/24/2012

last visited: 7/28/2014

Image for Van Hise Rock - Rock Springs WIview gallery

SWSW57.9 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesVan Hise Rock - Rock Springs WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Van Hise Rock is a rock outcropping significant for its association with geologist Charles Van Hise

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member nomadwillie

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 7/27/2014

last visited: never

Image for Halfway House - Rural, WIview gallery

NN59.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesHalfway House - Rural, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

It was in the spring of 1852 when James H. Jones built his home, now known as the halfway house because of its location halfway between Stevens Point and Berlin in what eventually became the Village of Rural.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/24/2011

last visited: never

Image for Old Hospital - King, WIview gallery

NN62.3 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesOld Hospital - King, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The old Hospital is called OVE HEALTH CARE CENTER named after Val W. Ove the first commandant of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King. WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/18/2010

last visited: never

Image for Veterans Home Chapel - King, WIview gallery

NN62.4 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesVeterans Home Chapel - King, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Grand Army Home was established in 1887 by the Wisconsin Department of the Grand Army of the Republic, a nationwide organization of Union veterans of the Civil War (1861-1865).

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/26/2008

last visited: 2/19/2010

Image for Veterans Cottages Historic District - King, WIview gallery

NN62.4 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesVeterans Cottages Historic District - King, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Grand Army Home was established in 1887 by the Wisconsin Department of the Grand Army of the Republic, a nationwide organization of Union veterans of the Civil War (1861-1865). These cottages are used for married veterans.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/26/2008

last visited: 2/19/2010

Image for Shearer-Christy House - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesShearer-Christy House - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

A Queen Anne style building that is commonly referred to as "The Cristy House," this house was built in 1892 for lumberman and one time mayer, Caleb Shearer.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 8/31/2010

last visited: never

Image for Waupaca Free Public Libraryview gallery

NN65.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWaupaca Free Public Library

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Waupca Free Public Library was constructed in 1913.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Cruiseologist

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 6/21/2008

last visited: 4/26/2010

Image for Waupaca Post Office - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWaupaca Post Office - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The construction of this US Post Office was started in 1937 as a WPA project and opened in August of 1939. Added to the National Register in 2000 - Building #00001252

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/14/2010

last visited: never

Image for Delong, Henry and Elizabeth, House - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesDelong, Henry and Elizabeth, House - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This house was built by Conrad Gmeiner for his wife's parents when they retired from farming.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Jensen, Matt and Lena, House - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJensen, Matt and Lena, House - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This home is a beautiful example of the Queen Anne style house.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/23/2011

last visited: never

Image for Mead Bank - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMead Bank - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Mead Bank was built in 1862 and is the first bank mentioned in early Waupaca history. Mead Bank was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2003 - - #03000506.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/11/2011

last visited: never

Image for Browne Law Office - Waupaca, WIview gallery

NN65.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBrowne Law Office - Waupaca, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Edward L. Brown Law Office at 202 East Union Street was built in 1854 and is believed to be one of the oldest existing buildings in Waupaca, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 9/14/2011

last visited: never

Total Records: 208 Page: 1 of 9 prev<<<[123456789]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)