By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 43° 02.313 W 087° 54.533 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
 allows ratings
Description:
The U.S. National Register of Historic Places lists over 87,000 sites officially approved by the U.S. National Park Service as cultural resources worthy of preservation.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 390 Page: 5 of 16 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Woodstock Square Historic District - Woodstock, ILview gallery

SWSW91.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWoodstock Square Historic District - Woodstock, IL

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Woodstock Square Historic District lies in the center of Woodstock, Illinois. Within its boundaries, clustered around the town square and the tracks of the Railroad, are found Woodstock's traditional governmental, social center.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Illinois

date approved: 3/5/2008

last visited: 11/2/2013

Image for Water Tower, Building 49 - Ft. Sheridan, ILview gallery

SS91.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWater Tower, Building 49 - Ft. Sheridan, IL

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Water tower for Ft. Sheridan site, designed by Holabird & Roche from Chicago in 1891.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 5/21/2008

last visited: never

Image for Old McHenry County Courthouse - Woodstock, ILview gallery

SWSW91.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesOld McHenry County Courthouse - Woodstock, IL

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This Old Courthouse was built in 1857. It was designed by John M. Van Osdel. The Jail house next to it was built in 1887. It was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1974

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Illinois

date approved: 3/5/2008

last visited: 11/2/2013

Image for Woodstock Opera House - Woodstock, ILview gallery

SWSW91.9 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWoodstock Opera House - Woodstock, IL

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Opera House was built in 1889 to house the library, council room, justice court, fire department & second floor auditorium for the City of Woodstock. It has been used for live concerts and theater ever since.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Illinois

date approved: 3/4/2008

last visited: 10/31/2009

Image for Fort Sheridan Historic District - Ft. Sheridan, ILview gallery

SS92.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFort Sheridan Historic District - Ft. Sheridan, IL

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

25 miles north of Chicago along the shore of Lake Michigan, Lake Forest vicinity. Constructed between 1889 and 1910. Now a residential community and lakefront recreational site.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member adgorn

location: Illinois

date approved: 5/21/2008

last visited: 5/6/2009

Image for Chicago and Northwestern Railroad Depot - Fond du Lac, WIview gallery

NWNW93.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesChicago and Northwestern Railroad Depot - Fond du Lac, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This is a rare surviving example of a large Chicago & Northwestern depot. Most smaller towns along the route had one of Chicago & Northwestern's "standard" depot designs. Larger cities had larger depots, like this one.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 3/29/2012

last visited: 3/7/2015

Image for Aetna Station No. 5 - Fond du Lac, WIview gallery

NWNW93.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesAetna Station No. 5 - Fond du Lac, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Aetna Volunteer Fire Company House #5 was built in 1874. The Aetna Fire Company may have been named for the Aetna Insurance Company, that was affiliated with many fire companies around the country.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member REUAHNESIE

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 3/29/2012

last visited: 3/7/2015

Image for End of the Trail - Waupun, WIview gallery

NWNW94.1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesEnd of the Trail - Waupun, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The original model of "The End of the Trail" was created by James Earl Fraser in 1894. As a tribute to the Native Americans Clarence Shaler commissioned James Earle Fraser to cast the statute in bronze as a gift to the City of Waupun.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 2/25/2008

last visited: 3/14/2015

Image for Farmers and Merchants Union Bank -  Columbus WIview gallery

WW95.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFarmers and Merchants Union Bank - Columbus WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Farmers' and Merchants' Union Bank is the last of eight "jewel box" banks designed by Louis Sullivan

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member nomadwillie

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2014

last visited: never

Image for Columbus City Hall - Columbus WIview gallery

WW95.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesColumbus City Hall - Columbus WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The City Hall was completed in 1892 and built during the economic boom in the 1880's and 1890's necessitating a new center for the town.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member nomadwillie

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2014

last visited: never

Image for Courthouse Hill Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW98.7 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCourthouse Hill Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Courthouse Hill Historic District rises above the city of Janesville and the east side of the Rock River on a steep bluff. It encompasses 30 blocks and 219 properties.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Lovejoy and Merrill-Nowlan Houses - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW98.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesLovejoy and Merrill-Nowlan Houses - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

These two houses are part of the Courthouse Hill Historic District, but are also listed on the National Register in their own right. They are located at 220 and 202 Lawrence Ave in Janesville Wisconsin.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Shopiere Congregational Church - Shopiere, WIview gallery

SWSW98.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesShopiere Congregational Church - Shopiere, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Shopiere Congregational Church was built in 1853. It is still an active church. It is located at 5328 Church St in Shopiere, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/25/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Janesville High School - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW98.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville High School - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville High School was built in 1923 and used as a school until December 1996. It now houses the Janesville Performing Arts Center and the Marshall Apartments. It is located at 408 S Main St, Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/15/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for North Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesNorth Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The North Main Street Historic District comprises 25 acres including 9 buildings and 1 structure. It includes the first couple of blocks of North Main and North Parker Streets in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 6/26/2008

Image for Janesville Public Library - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville Public Library - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville Public Library building was built in 1902-1903. The Carnegie Foundation contributed $30,000 toward its construction. The building is now called the Crossroads building and serves as a Senior Center.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Fredendall Block - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFredendall Block - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Fredendall Block was constructed in 1868 after fire destroyed the buildings on this site. It is located at 33-39 S. Main St in Janesville, WI. George Schulze was the architect.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Myers-Newhoff House - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMyers-Newhoff House - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Peter Myers was a rich French entrepreneur who built several buildings in downtown Janesville in the mid-19th century. The Myers-Newhoff House is located at 121 N. Parker Dr.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Court Street Methodist Church - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCourt Street Methodist Church - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Court Street Methodist Church was built in 1868 after the American House which occupied the site burned down. It is located at 36 S. Main St. in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for South Main Street Historic District  -  Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSouth Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The South Main Street Historic District comprises only 30 acres and 14 buildings, but contains a rich amount of Janesville commercial history. It includes the Public Library, Fedendall and Lappin-Hayes Blocks, and the Court St. Methodist Church.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Janesville Pumping Station - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville Pumping Station - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville Pumping Station was built in 1887 as a private utility. It is located at 555 S River St in Janesville, WI. The building now houses offices.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/16/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Lappin-Hayes Block - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesLappin-Hayes Block - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This Lappin-Hayes Block was built in 1855 and stands on the site of the Henry F. James cabin. It is located at 20 E. Milwaukee St in Janesville, WI. Arthur Peabody and William J. Beauley were the architects.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Myers, Peter, Pork Packing Plant and Willard Coleman Building - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99.1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMyers, Peter, Pork Packing Plant and Willard Coleman Building - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This building was constructed by Peter Myers on March 19, 1851. He used it for his Pork Packing Plant for many years. It is located at 117-123 N Main St in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for West Milwaukee Street Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWest Milwaukee Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The West Milwaukee Street Historic District encompasses 11 blocks which include the imposing Art Deco Monterey Hotel, the Armory, the First Congregational Church and much more.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Armory, The - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW99.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesArmory, The - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Armory was built in 1930 and served as the home of the National Guard 32nd Tank Company. It is located at 10 S High St in Janesville, WI. Today it serves as a dinner theater.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/16/2007

last visited: 8/1/2011

Total Records: 390 Page: 5 of 16 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)