Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here NRHP Geeks
Description:
This category is to list structures cast in a supporting role for National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Historic Districts as 'contributing structures.'
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 11174 Page: 10 of 447 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for 336 S Main St - Grapevine Commercial Historic District - Grapevine, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings336 S Main St - Grapevine Commercial Historic District - Grapevine, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The building at 336 S Main St is a contributing building to the Grapevine Commercial Historic District. Today, it is used by Holy Grounds, a coffee and gift shop.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil

location: Texas

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: never

Image for Palace Theatre - Grapevine Commercial Historic District - Grapevine, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsPalace Theatre - Grapevine Commercial Historic District - Grapevine, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Palace Theatre is at 300 S Main St, and it is a contributing building to the Grapevine Commercial Historic District.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member QuarrellaDeVil

location: Texas

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: never

Image for Ginhouse - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SCview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsGinhouse - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SC

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Site # 3, and braced heavily to preserve it.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: South Carolina

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: never

Image for Plantation House and Grounds - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SCview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsPlantation House and Grounds - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SC

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Right at the end of the long Oak Driveway - site #2 on the NRHP Map

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: South Carolina

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: never

Image for Hammond House  - Calvert Historic District - Calvert, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsHammond House - Calvert Historic District - Calvert, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Is listed individually as a National Register of Historic Places also.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: 5/2/2018

Image for Calvert Cemetery  - Calvert Historic District - Calvert, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCalvert Cemetery - Calvert Historic District - Calvert, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Organized in I87O, many fine examples of Victorian sepulchral sculpture are to be found here.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/11/2018

last visited: 5/2/2018

Image for City National Bank -Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCity National Bank -Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The City National Bank was designed by Henry Struve and constructed in 1909. This one-story temple-front building was the second home of the City National Bank, and is the only remaining historic building on its block.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Preslar-Hewitt Building -Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsPreslar-Hewitt Building -Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Hugo Hunke built this two-story commercial structure in 1914 to anchor an important block. It provided first floor space for two businesses and up to seven offices on the second floor.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Eikel-Prewitt Building - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsEikel-Prewitt Building - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Eikel-Prewitt Building was designed by Henry Stuve and constructed in 1893 to house the Eikel Hardware Company.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Taylor National Bank - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsTaylor National Bank - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Taylor National Bank, was established in 1888 by C. H. Booth, Sr., who had been a director of the First National Bank of Taylor. Booth founded the new bank on the premise that it would be "people owned," or owned by stockholders.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Slave Houses - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SCview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSlave Houses - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SC

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This is a historic district, and operating museum site, cost to enter.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: South Carolina

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Stephenson High School - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsStephenson High School - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Stephenson High School is a one-story limestone building with a rectangular footprint. It is located behind Dripping Springs Academy off of Old Fitzhugh Road, and is accessed by a wide curving driveway.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Oak Allee - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SCview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsOak Allee - Boone Hall Plantation House and Historic Landscape - Mount Pleasant, SC

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This is a huge historic district, and the driveway on with oak tree borders is a contributing site.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.

location: South Carolina

date approved: 4/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Odd Fellows Building - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsOdd Fellows Building - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Odd Fellows Lodge was one of the first fraternal organizations in Taylor.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/9/2018

last visited: never

Image for Spanish Revival Gas Station - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSpanish Revival Gas Station - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Spanish Revival gas station listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/9/2018

last visited: never

Image for United States Post Office - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsUnited States Post Office - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Two-story brick and stone structure in the Beaux-Arts Classical style.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/9/2018

last visited: never

Image for Mobil Gas Station - Taylor Downtown Historic District  - Taylor, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsMobil Gas Station - Taylor Downtown Historic District - Taylor, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

House with canopy erected in 1930. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its last occupant was a dog grooming service called "Cowdog & Sassy Cat Pet Salon". It is currently for lease.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/9/2018

last visited: never

Image for A. L. Davis Store  - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsA. L. Davis Store - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Built in 1891 by A.L. Davis, one of the wealthiest men in Dripping Springs, this store marked the maturation of Dripping Springs from a settlement consisting of a few frame storefronts to a town with a more substantial mercantile district.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for Spaw Barbershop/Post Office - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSpaw Barbershop/Post Office - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This stone building, with its distinctive jagged roofline, was built in 1937 by Johnny Spaw. The front-gabled building is clad in multicolored random ashlar stones, some of which are laid in a jagged tooth-like pattern along the top of the parapet.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for Haydon Central Garage - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsHaydon Central Garage - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This garage building is located at the southeast corner of Mercer and College Streets. It is a front-gabled stone building with a pyramidal-roofed front porte cochere. The building is clad in a variety of rock types including limestone, crystallized rock, and petrified wood. The result is colorful and highly textured. The porte cochere is supported by three battered stone piers and topped with a jagged decorative stone parapet.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for J. L. Patterson Building - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsJ. L. Patterson Building - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Originally a one-and-a-half story building, the Patterson Building was rebuilt as a one-story building with parapet after a 1938 fire. The building is similar in appearance to its 1906 configuration.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for F. W. Miller’s Rock Café - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsF. W. Miller’s Rock Café - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This one-story limestone café building at 304 Mercer Street was built as a companion to the Texaco station next door. Because of this, its style and composition is almost identical.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for F.W. Miller’s Texaco Station - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsF.W. Miller’s Texaco Station - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This small 1940 gas station building on Mercer Street has random ashlar limestone walls.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for Dripping Springs Academy - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsDripping Springs Academy - Dripping Springs Downtown Historic District - Dripping Springs, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Dripping Springs Academy is a large two-story limestone building near Old Fitzhugh Road north of Mercer Street. Although accessed by a driveway off Old Fitzhugh, the building’s front elevation faces south, towards Mercer.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for Old Blanco County Courthouse - Blanco Historic District - Blanco, TXview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsOld Blanco County Courthouse - Blanco Historic District - Blanco, TX

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Old Blanco County Courthouse is a 2-story, Second Empire style masonry building in a cruciform plan. Its walls are mortared limestone rubble, plastered on the interior and faced with coursed ashlar on the exterior.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX

location: Texas

date approved: 4/6/2018

last visited: never

Total Records: 11174 Page: 10 of 447 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)